The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I take it as a comment on the imbalance of earnings in general, as was my original comment on the subject. I have always been the first to point out on this forum that footballers are picked on unfairly when it comes to earnings because they are nearly all working class lads without much formal education, whereas nobody ever starts a rant about some doped up alcoholic rock star earning millions because that is an intellectually acceptable profession in the eyes of the great and good.

That does not mean the massive imbalance in renumeration between those at the top and those at the bottom is acceptable or healthy.
And I agree with you whole heartedly........but you don’t see the media asking them to take pay cuts or give their money away to others in less privileged jobs, like they do with footballers.

jowwy

"Some" is an important word, which you're ignoring, along with my position, which I can't really be bothered to explain any further as it's pretty clear.
Whether it’s one, some or all.....you still think it and theres no denying it

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
And I agree with you whole heartedly........but you don’t see the media asking them to take pay cuts or give their money away to others in less privileged jobs, like they do with footballers.
Which is my point. There have been plenty of posts here quoting "Overpaid Prima Donnas" in relation to footballers by the same people who then eulogise someone like Amy Winehouse who died because of her drug and alcohol issues leaving 35 million in the bank.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Well, just to chip in here in the discussion, actually they do. BBC presenters are regularly targeted. As are hollywood actors but less so with actresses as they are often paid less than their male companions.

jowwy

Well, just to chip in here in the discussion, actually they do. BBC presenters are regularly targeted. As are hollywood actors but less so with actresses as they are often paid less than their male companions.
Ah bbc presenters, you mean ex sports stars like Gary lineker???

jowwy

Yes, some footballers are in a massively privileged position.

I have no problems saying that whatsoever.

It's not an attack, it's just the truth.
So a footballer who happens to be good at what he does, is privileged...........but I see no other privileged job within your comment. Just footballers

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Ah bbc presenters, you mean ex sports stars like Gary lineker???
Along with those old legendary footballers John Humprys, Jeremy Vine, Huw Edwards, Nick Robinson, Jon Sopel, Nicky Campbell...

AndyRM

XOXO
So a footballer who happens to be good at what he does, is privileged...........but I see no other privileged job within your comment. Just footballers

Here you go, from my post at 13.40 today:

"the wealthiest in any profession or society should be prepared to take a hit so that the less well off can survive."

So you can park your nonsense about me attacking footballers.

jowwy

Here you go, from my post at 13.40 today:

"the wealthiest in any profession or society should be prepared to take a hit so that the less well off can survive."

So you can park your nonsense about me attacking footballers.
But in a later post about privilege you only mention footballers.........in the post you quoted above there is no privilege mentioned, just wealth.

as far as your concerned, like it or not, footballers are privileged individuals

jowwy

Along with those old legendary footballers John Humprys, Jeremy Vine, Huw Edwards, Nick Robinson, Jon Sopel, Nicky Campbell...
I will be 100% honest with you, I have never seen any of those mentioned in the media about their wealth or taking pay cuts to help others......I see it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram everyday about lineker though

AndyRM

XOXO
But in a later post about privilege you only mention footballers.........in the post you quoted above there is no privilege mentioned, just wealth.

as far as your concerned, like it or not, footballers are privileged individuals

This is getting f*cking tedious now.

I don't consider all footballers privileged. Because they aren't.

But the ones who have the money, could and in my opinion should support other employees of their clubs.

Because they wouldn't have a club to play for if those people didn't work there too.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I will be 100% honest with you, I have never seen any of those mentioned in the media about their wealth or taking pay cuts to help others......I see it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram everyday about lineker though
I don't do twitter or facebook. Although is that really the media or just random people making uninformed comments which largely should be ignored?

Top Bottom