The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Its odd isnt it....last season man city lost laporte to a long term injury and supporters/commentators kept saying they wont win the league and they accepted a drop in performance due to losing their top CB

but this season we have been called the worst champions in history by some pundits, yet we have lost the followin Virgil van dyke, joe gomez, joel matip, diogo jota, nabby kieta, alex oxlaide chamberlain all to long term injuries, also along the way Allison, fabinho, henderson, mane

i wonder how other teams would have coped losing all those players. Would they be top 4 like liverpool, would they have led the league like liverpool???

who knows, but worst champions, dont think so.....its easy to use data at certain parts of the season, to try and prove a point, but the end of the season is always best to make judgements.

Have you lost all your senior CBs to injury at the same time then????

8 first team players all out at the same time, how many teams have had that this season???
We may not have 8 first team players out but we haven't got that many, our clubs choice I guess, but we've had 5 out and of those the entire left left back options.

jowwy

We may not have 8 first team players out but we haven't got that many, our clubs choice I guess, but we've had 5 out and of those the entire left left back options.
You play 3 at the back.........

Its odd isnt it....last season man city lost laporte to a long term injury and supporters/commentators kept saying they wont win the league and they accepted a drop in performance due to losing their top CB

but this season we have been called the worst champions in history by some pundits, yet we have lost the followin Virgil van dyke, joe gomez, joel matip, diogo jota, nabby kieta, alex oxlaide chamberlain all to long term injuries, also along the way Allison, fabinho, henderson, mane

i wonder how other teams would have coped losing all those players. Would they be top 4 like liverpool, would they have led the league like liverpool???

who knows, but worst champions, dont think so.....its easy to use data at certain parts of the season, to try and prove a point, but the end of the season is always best to make judgements.
C'mon fella, no one's having a pop at Liverpool.

I've always liked them even being a life long Wolves fan.

I genuinely like Scoucer's the passion for the club and the terrace fashion from the '80's.

Success always breeds contempt.

Anyhow, we've got Southampton to get past tonight in the cup so just about to crack a Murphy's before the lad's come round, I wish, just me and the Daughter so I'll love and leave you good folks. :okay:

jowwy

C'mon fella, no one's having a pop at Liverpool.

I've always liked them even being a life long Wolves fan.

I genuinely like Scoucer's the passion for the club and the terrace fashion from the '80's.

Success always breeds contempt.
I didnt say the people of CC.....did you not hear the drivel coming out of roy keane, souness, micah richards after the liverpool v city game. Worst defending champions, full of excuses, blaming others etc etc

jowwy

Anyhow, we've got Southampton to get past tonight in the cup so just about to crack a Murphy's before the lad's come round, I wish, just me and the Daughter so I'll love and leave you good folks. :okay:
Hope neto bags a hatrick.....i may or may not have him, in my works fantasy leagues team

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
the worst champions in history

Liverpool are poor at the moment, but not that bad.

IIRC correctly Manchester City were once relegated as champions. I think we were top scorers in the division too!

So you've got a way to go yet.

I mean, even in *recent* history, Mourinho's Chelsea team were what, 10th or so?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Liverpool are poor at the moment, but not that bad.

IIRC correctly Manchester City were once relegated as champions. I think we were top scorers in the division too!

So you've got a way to go yet.

I mean, even in *recent* history, Mourinho's Chelsea team were what, 10th or so?

Here you go @jowwy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1937–38_in_English_football

Manchester City became the only team to have been relegated in the season after winning the league title as well as the only team to ever be relegated from the top tier of English football having scored the most goals in that particular season

Another two Manchester City records you're not going to take from us any time soon

Top Bottom