The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Yep, a mad 10 minutes. A Liverpool implosion gifted Leicester a result that really didn't look on the cards.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yup allison mistake for the 2nd goal, then makes a world class double save......before we lost a 3rd goal

its not good at the moment for LFC

Slick

Guru
Commendable enthusiasm.

Slightly less boring being back to a two-horse race I suppose.

I couldn’t remember the last time someone other than Celtic or Rangers won the title, so just checked.

Aberdeen in 1985! :eek:

Jesus. Must be like watching the Boat Race every weekend. :laugh:
Not if your a Rangers fan. :okay:

Obviously it is going to depend on what restrictions are in place at the time but cast your eye over to the inevitable party that takes place here at the season end and see how it compares to the boat race then. :laugh:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yup allison mistake for the 2nd goal, then makes a world class double save......before we lost a 3rd goal

its not good at the moment for LFC
Another game that imo was ours for the taking and yet we managed to blow it.
I think we have genuine Excuses reasons for the problems. Maybe, hopefully, hope for Europe next year.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Another game that imo was ours for the taking

giphy - 2021-02-14T155942.394.gif

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
70pts+ will get you top 4 i believe and we are on a good position to get that

5th or 6th by tonight, best hope City beat the Toffees or could be 7th soon...

1613419498368.png

In all seriousness, you have to feel for Liverpool fans, after their long wait then can't even see their team to celebrate, and now this rather abject defence. Covid sucks.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
even if the toffees win, we stay 6th on goal differene
You are the victim of empty stadiums, they've cost you fourth place. I first walked into Upton Park in 1962 and right from then a small but significant section of West Ham fans have made us the club with the worst fans in the league. Too quick to turn on the team when things are not going well, even during a flat spell in a game when we are a goal or two up. You can see the effect it has on the players, the abuse gets to them and they lose momentum and as often than not the match.

You've only got to look at the way Sam Allardyce was treated. He came in and got the club promoted at the first attempt, helped them finish in a respectable place in the EPL with no relegation worries, and how was he treated? By having to listen to chants of "F*ck off Allardyce" from a section of the crowd because he wasn't playing like Barcelona or Brazil. It was disgraceful.

For all the misery it has caused throughout the world Covid 19 and the lockdown has done the club a big favour. Losing the first two games this season would have had people calling for Moyes head, without that pressure he was able to take time to reorganise the team and transform them from what they had been for many seasons.

Supporters should learn that any fool can get behind a team that are 2-0 up, but it's when you're 2-0 down that you need the crowd behind you screaming encouragement, not abuse.

Top Bottom