The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yet every major table i have seen has liverpool clear by 1 trophy...........best you do more research.

and dont forget other european trophies, super cups, world club cups as they all count as major honours

View attachment 576855

That's one way of looking at things, and uses some random competitions.

Here's mine.

Man Utd

League

League Cup

FA Cup

European Cup

Liverpool

League

League Cup

FA Cup

European Cup

Toe be clear, I give no f*cks about either side. If I was going to ally myself with an English club it would be Newcastle, who are useless.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
That's one way of looking at things, and uses some random competitions.

Here's mine.

Man Utd

League

League Cup

FA Cup

European Cup

Liverpool

League

League Cup

FA Cup

European Cup

Toe be clear, I give no f*cks about either side. If I was going to ally myself with an English club it would be Newcastle, who are useless.
So you decided to leave out the uefa cups to try and prove a point......lies, damn lies and statistics hey

what ever floats your boat

jowwy

Nothing wrong with team or club - just the non-Scouser fans!
It’s like me being a ‘life-long Brazil fan.
So you can only support a team if you live there........sheeesh

is that the same for the non manc, non necastle, non chelsea etc etc, or is it just scouse fans

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
All fans of any club that don't either live there or near or have a genuine connection/reason for supporting the club.

Just my opinion of course.

You can live further afield and support a club it just makes you a bit plastic :whistle:

In all seriousness if all I had to choose from was Birmingham City or supporting Liverpool. I think I would support Liverpool :rolleyes:

jowwy

All fans of any club that don't either live there or near or have a genuine connection/reason for supporting the club.

Just my opinion of course.
So in your opinion, you can only support a club if you live there or near or have a connection........odd

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Depends on what material the season tickets made from :wacko:

In all seriousness I think there are many reasons why people support clubs, it can be passed down from father to son for instance. I was born and raised in Nottingham, but my father was from Aston and was never going to have a son who supported Forest, this was in the days of Brian Clough, so I was the odd one out in my school, but I had the last laugh in 82 when we won the European cup.

I now live in sunny Birmingham the city of culture not to far from the Villa ground and have a season ticket.

So no, there are many reasons why we support our respective clubs. Success clearly has a major influence, if by some miracle we become a top four club our following will go from big to huge.

"In all seriousness I think there are many reasons why people support clubs," Along this theme...I live in Northumberland, have done all my life, but am an avid Man City fan...reason being my Mum was from Stretford and was a Man U fan all her life ( I was even born on the day Man U won the European Cup in '68 and she has never forgiven me cos she had to miss it ^_^) and even at the age of 5 (1973) I wanted to be different so 'chose' City. I think I liked their strip, to be honest, and have many pictures of me in City or Southampton strips (as I liked theirs as well). Never through the very many years of abuse from living up here as a City fan have I ever even thought of changing, once you decide, for whatever reason, thats it !
I get to the games when I can, but financially its hard, but have followed City for nearly 50 years now, does that make me a plastic?

what if those supporters are season ticket holders, are they still plastic???
You are actually supporting the club at least, I have a Man Utd supporting friend who has season tickets for Him, his son and Father so even though he's a 'Midlander' he's at least actually 'supporting ' the club. He also went to every Home and away game the year they won the Europa league.

AndyRM

XOXO
Top Bottom