The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It’s funny how PROPER Liverpool supporters (from Liverpool/Merseyside/northish west England - some of whom are here on CC and ignore YOU) and football supporters in general, think that your ’style’ of supporting is a tad OVER THE TOP for a ’wannabee genuine’ fan.
If you reeled you neck in a bit you’d attract FAR LESS ’trolling’ as you call it.
ah more trolling......im so glad i got a fan like you in my life, that just wants to get involved in everything i post.

My most treasured possession is a plaque from the club wishing me well and signed by all the players and staff at a time I was seriously ill.

Stuff like that means a lot, doesn't it? When I was ill Utrecht sent me a shirt signed by the first team squad. Can't read a bloody signature. I've also been sent three scarves and a cycling shirt. The shirt is some kind of tacky, bri-nylon, the fit is all over the shop and the zip is cheap plastic that will probably break on its first outing. Still it's the thought that counts.

Attachments

• 20200929_140224.jpg
    20200929_140224.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I completely get where Jowry is coming from. I support Brazil, and Real Madrid, I have done since I was about one year old. I don't have any real link with any if those places, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan. I'm as entitled as anyone to be a boring braggard on the Internet about how much we have won that you haven't. If you wish to take up a differing view, that's trolling that is.

I do have a framed Panini sticker of Ronaldo on my wall, so ha! Don't dare question my commitment, trolls! 😄

Yeah me too, quality side and surprised they are not top 7 or 8 at least. They beat Arsenal and Chelsea, but inconsistent, injuries maybe?
Bit of both to be honest, plus over achieving the first 2 seasons back up.
7th place both times but consistency and a few injuries haven't helped, we aren't prolific goal scorers either which you need to be to do really well in the prem.

Certainly not complaining though, just can't wait to get back in the ground like everyone.

Next Season hopefully.

jowwy

Bit of both to be honest, plus over achieving the first 2 seasons back up.
7th place both times but consistency and a few injuries haven't helped, we aren't prolific goal scorers either which you need to be to do really well in the prem.

Certainly not complaining though, just can't wait to get back in the ground like everyone.

Next Season hopefully.
wolves are a good side to be fair......missing jimenez through injury or they would still be up around 7th /8th spot

wolves are a good side to be fair......missing jimenez through injury or they would still be up around 7th /8th spot
I think you're right, he'll be back for next season.

jowwy

I think you're right, he'll be back for next season.
i think you right there, he will be.......that will help your younger team members too, the likes of neto, jonny, podence, silva etc etc will have less pressure on them to perform.

but best i leave now, cause im not a real football fan and i supposedly don't own a bike........

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Being a west ham United supporter and ST holder I've had my fair share of ups and downs but i would support them through thick and thin even if we ended up in the Essex senior league!:sad:.
Anyway West Ham picks you rather than you pick West Ham
Yep, it's in the blood. I first visited Upton Park when I was nine years old (Can you imagine someone that age being allowed to go to a game without an adult now?) and only got in because they used to open the gates about twenty minutes before the end of the match.

I've been hooked ever since, no matter how well or badly the team are doing.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I think @PaulB hit the nail on the head when he said he would follow his team even if they went down to the semi-pro leagues.
I couldn't see a lot of these "Plastics or "Gloryhunters"(and they do exist,believe me) staying with their teams if they were tumbling down the divisions.
Being a west ham United supporter and ST holder I've had my fair share of ups and downs but i would support them through thick and thin even if we ended up in the Essex senior league!:sad:.
Anyway West Ham picks you rather than you pick West Ham
It would benefit me in many ways. Firstly, it would be nearly all Saturday 3pm games. Secondly, the only people who go would be those who know how to support them. As it is, it's like the Lake District where millions go for the solitude! People have diluted the 'Liverpoolness' of it simply by being there. I bet that lad who sits/stands in front of me would stop going and he's a foot taller than me! And getting away after the final whistle wouldn't mean an extra hour on journey time as it does at present (the previous world b'aht virus I mean). And maybe the locals wouldn't feel like they're being pushed out of their local area by hordes coming in from all over the country.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
I picked the team that I support completely at random. It was the 10th November 1979, and my grandad asked me what team I wanted to support. I said I would choose the team which scored the most goals that afternoon. Leyton Orient were on the receiving end of a 3-7 defeat at home to Chelsea. The rest as they say is history. :smile:

jowwy

I picked the team that I support completely at random. It was the 10th November 1979, and my grandad asked me what team I wanted to support. I said I would choose the team which scored the most goals that afternoon. Leyton Orient were on the receiving end of a 3-7 defeat at home to Chelsea. The rest as they say is history. :smile:
Careful the fake fan brigade will be out to slate you, they speak on behalf of all football fans all over the world and rule on whether your a true or fake fan.....and their decision is final.

If they also put you on ignore, its even more proof that your a fake fan too supposedly and they will even check if you own a bike..........they rule the world, even though theres only 3 of them. Be careful

Last edited:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
If it’s any consolation I have held their ‘membership’ for over 25 years, and own a share in the CPO. If that makes me plastic, then so be it.

Top Bottom