The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
@jowwy : Why are you a Liverpool fan, just out of interest?
Cause i am and have been since 4yrs old.......

PaulB

Legendary Member
The only point I was "proving" is that Man Utd and Liverpool pretty much have a similar record when it comes to honours.

Although according to a random website I found, it's 74 to 61 in Manchester United's favour.

https://www.888sport.com/blog/football/top-20-most-successful-football-clubs-in-the-world#Manchester United
But - once again - you missed enough out to sway things in your favour. What about the three UEFA cups Liverpool won making them far and away the most successful BRITISH team in history? And you conveniently missed out the recent World Club Championship too. So you were - once again 'proving' nothing that didn't suit you.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with team or club - just the non-Scouser fans!
It’s like me being a ‘life-long Brazil fan.
It's the easiest thing in the world to support the champions, anyone can - and does - do that. You see it in the make up of the people that sit in the non-season ticket seats around me. We speak to them and get a myriad of stories from people who tend to be from Asian countries like Taiwan, Japan, China and India. The last game played at Anfield in front of a full house my guest was a Chicagoan who has a lifelong attachment to the reds because his 'saccher' coach at high school played three games for Liverpool in the seventies and drummed into them the superiority of Liverpool's style. Mind you, he's wealthy enough to be able to do it now, so he does, and will again.

My most treasured possession is a plaque from the club wishing me well and signed by all the players and staff at a time I was seriously ill. If you saw the names of some of the players - we were 'managed' by Roy Hodgson at the time - you'd wince but I'd follow them in the Northern Premier League Div.1 and would relish the benefits!

AndyRM

XOXO
But - once again - you missed enough out to sway things in your favour. What about the three UEFA cups Liverpool won making them far and away the most successful BRITISH team in history? And you conveniently missed out the recent World Club Championship too. So you were - once again 'proving' nothing that didn't suit you.

My favour? I support Kilmarnock FFS.

Jesus wept, it's not that I don't think/know Liverpool are hugely successful.

I think @PaulB hit the nail on the head when he said he would follow his team even if they went down to the semi-pro leagues.
I couldn't see a lot of these "Plastics or "Gloryhunters"(and they do exist,believe me) staying with their teams if they were tumbling down the divisions.
Being a west ham United supporter and ST holder I've had my fair share of ups and downs but i would support them through thick and thin even if we ended up in the Essex senior league!:sad:.
Anyway West Ham picks you rather than you pick West Ham

Try being a Wolves fan!

Top division to 3rd in consecutive seasons twice, 4th division on the one occasion, I've been there when 2 sides of the ground were closed.

Best spell we've had in my lifetime at the moment but you know it can all change in the blink of an eye with smaller clubs.

jowwy

About 3 years, then!
yet more trolling......will you ever learn

jowwy

My favour? I support Kilmarnock FFS.

Jesus wept, it's not that I don't think/know Liverpool are hugely successful.
I agree, you do know how hugely successful Liverpool are...but leaving out major trophy wins just to suite your own post is dubious in the least

even uefa/fa/premier league etc etc have reported that Liverpool are the most successful club in England, we can all choose what data to use to say that's either true or not true and there will be fans out there of other teams and even people on this forum, that will think they are not......but that's OK, cause we the fans, know different.

Just because i don't come from Liverpool or have signed photos and plaques from the club, it doesn't make me any less of a fan than any other. we all support our clubs in the best way we can........and no amount of trolling from members will change that.

i even have the shankly gates on my office wall

Last edited:
Just because i don't come from Liverpool or have signed photos and plaques from the club, it doesn't make me any less of a fan than any other. we all support our clubs in the best way we can........and no amount of trolling from members will change that.
It’s funny how PROPER Liverpool supporters (from Liverpool/Merseyside/northish west England - some of whom are here on CC and ignore YOU) and football supporters in general, think that your ’style’ of supporting is a tad OVER THE TOP for a ’wannabee genuine’ fan.
If you reeled you neck in a bit you’d attract FAR LESS ’trolling’ as you call it.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Try being a Wolves fan!

Top division to 3rd in consecutive seasons twice, 4th division on the one occasion, I've been there when 2 sides of the ground were closed.

Best spell we've had in my lifetime at the moment but you know it can all change in the blink of an eye with smaller clubs.

In the last ten years I have seen Villa's decline, relegation, promotion only for us to survive relegation again by the skin of our teeth. It helps to have a sense of humour when following The Vile.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZnYloe5rhw

Top Bottom