The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harril

Yes. Jumped or pushed ??
Can't see who can turn it around without spending serious money.

Indeed. we'll have to wait for the book or loose lips for the answer!
It's going to take a lot of cash and rebuilding before they reach the same levels of success they enjoyed under CW.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Trouble up north, trouble down south…Pompey have decided Jackett is no longer required. Defeat against Salford in the Trophy final the final straw, after three straight league losses. Form had been erratic throughout his time at the club- we won and lost 4-0 in consecutive matches in January, twice making the play-offs then losing in the semi-finals, always falling short of getting promotion, and the board have finally had enough. Chris Wilder would probably be a good fit…fingers crossed the Eisners find the right man, if not for this season then the next.

FWIW, pretty sure Wilder was pushed. New owner and he did not get on, at all.

Last edited:

Harril

Trouble up north, trouble down south…Pompey have decided Jackett is no longer required. Defeat against Salford in the Trophy final the final straw, after three straight league losses. Form had been erratic throughout his time at the club- we won and lost 4-0 in consecutive matches in January, twice making the play-offs then losing in the semi-finals, always falling short of getting promotion, and the board have finally had enough. Chris Wilder would probably be a good fit…fingers crossed the Eisners find the right man, if not for this season then the next.

FWIW, pretty sure Wilder was pushed. New owner and he did not get on, at all.

What about Micheal Appleton?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Not sure I’d want to be associated with the EDL either (maybe a fair few football fans who are),
EFL cup all good though :okay:
:laugh: Clumsy fingers... getting my f 'n ds mixed up!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The reporting on BBC of city's champions league win is laughable this morning........

Slick

Guru
End of a good European run for the famous Glasgow Rangers. No complaints, the best team won, but hopefully all will learn and come back better prepared next season. 🤞

yello

Spurs being spursy.

I reckon 'spursy' is going to be in the next OED; meaning to throw something away, typically due to an abject performance, from a winning position. It's like 'to bottle' but to do it with a consistency and regularity that indicates a trait or habit. Anyone can bottle on a big occasion, but to do it over and again deserves its own recognition.

Top Bottom