The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Celtic about to get £14 million for Odsonne Edouard from Crystal Palace. They must be laughing all the way to the bank. What are Palace thinking?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Is he no good then???
I'm not a "real" football fan, especially when it comes to the Glasgow great divide. All I can judge it on is media reports, and what I hear from proper football fans. He was good, about 2 years ago. But under Neil Lennon he bombed. Last season especially, he just didn't turn up when it mattered. He was ultimately one of many players who, by the end of last season, was not liked by his own support. Lack of form, and worse - lack of effort, being the reason. Maybe he can turn things around at Palace, who knows. He has youth on his side. But for CP to gamble 14 million on that hope! I suppose in EPL terms it's small change now. In SPL terms, it's a full squad for a lot of clubs.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
what a load of nonsense......they only announced his squad number late last night and the names and numbers are put on at the stores, so they can just use blank shirts

1630654881636.png

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe it’s the actual blank shirts that are selling out? Lazy reporting.
Adidas will be coining it in if they can get the shirts out

Last edited:
WSL on Match of the Day. Really good to see quality football from the ladies side of the game.
Their game has improved so much in the last few seasons and will continue to improve as more money is pumped into it, more exposure and the players benefit from going full time and having better training. Win win situation.

How stupid can an experienced international player be? Raheem Sterling, scores a good goal and then whips his shirt off in celebration. You don't need a degree in rocket science to work out what happens next.

He had a t shirt under his football shirt with a message about a young friend of his that died recently. He obviously thought the yellow card was worth it, knowing wht the consequences would be. I do not think you can call him stupid for that.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
He had a t shirt under his football shirt with a message about a young friend of his that died recently. He obviously thought the yellow card was worth it, knowing wht the consequences would be. I do not think you can call him stupid for that.
He has a responsibility to the team and deliberately doing something which risks suspension from future games is irresponsible and selfish.

Having the attention of the media he has plenty of other opportunities to show his feelings for his friend.

It's a difficult one, if he whipped his shirt off in a different game, was given a yellow, then a second yellow shortly afterwards for something and was sent off, causing England to lose the game (and possibly not qualify/get knocked out of a competition) then I cant see Southgate being too pleased with him.
I get wanting to get a message across, but perhaps there are other ways...

He has a responsibility to the team and deliberately doing something which risks suspension from future games is irresponsible and selfish.

Having the attention of the media he has plenty of other opportunities to show his feelings for his friend.

You see irresponsible and selfish, I see caring and compassionate. I guess that shows our different out looks on life. Football is just a game.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
You see irresponsible and selfish, I see caring and compassionate. I guess that shows our different out looks on life. Football is just a game.
Football may be "Just a game", but it is a profession for which he is very well paid and his first duty on the pitch is to his employers. He has plenty of free time to show his caring and compassionate side.

Top Bottom