The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Champions League questions.
My brain has gone dead so humour me.
GROUP STAGES.....
Do all 4 teams play each other home and away.
Is it the best 2 that go through to the knockout stages.
Then do they play each other home and away.

I am pretty sure the answers are
Yes
Yes
Yes
But I am suffering from brain fog

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Champions League questions.
My brain has gone dead so humour me.
GROUP STAGES.....
Do all 4 teams play each other home and away.
Is it the best 2 that go through to the knockout stages.
Then do they play each other home and away.

I am pretty sure the answers are
Yes
Yes
Yes
But I am suffering from brain fog
Correct

Dave7

Legendary Member
Derby are in big trouble.
Going into administration will mean a 12 points deduction.
No new owners will want that millstone.
I have never understood that '12 point penalty' stuff.......like "oooh they are in trouble, let's make it worse for them".
I am sure there is a logical reason somewhere.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have never understood that '12 point penalty' stuff.......like "oooh they are in trouble, let's make it worse for them".
I am sure there is a logical reason somewhere.
It’s to stop it being seen as a easy way out.
A number a teams historically ran up huge debt then went bust without any sanction and just and carried on as normal.
Crystal Palace have been in administration twice in the last 20 years without any real penalty because the rules were not as tight.

I'm not a great lover of Gold and Sullivan at West Ham but when you look at Derby County and other clubs i just think least it's the devil you know.

I'm not a great lover of Gold and Sullivan at West Ham but when you look at Derby County and other clubs i just think least it's the devil you know.

The last 6 months, the club has been almost well run. It is still frustrating that they are fleecing the club with their loans etc, but it looks like Moyes has had a positive effect on those around him.
The PAI take over looks like a bunch of chancers that would take us back to the bad old days. You do not do your business in the public domain. No thanks.

I'm going to the London Stadium today @Dave7 and getting a result against United is going to be a tough one especially as we have Antonio suspended.

Hopefully Moyes has a plan b for when Antonio is not available (to be fair, Antonio does seem to be looking after his hamstrings a little better) I guess we will see if plan b is any good.
I am hoping we go to a back 3 with Masuaku playing his favoured wing back position, we did well with that before he was injured. We have plenty of goals in the squad, we just need a system that can create the chances, but Masuaku and Coufal marauding down the wings will hopefully get a few crosses in for the front 3.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another sad loss. Jimmy Greaves.
I had this poster of him up my my wall at work for many years.
NINTCHDBPICT000563757362.jpg

And those of us of a certain age remember the brilliant Saint and Greavsie programme. The first matey tv programme that became the TV norm.

Top Bottom