The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
8 million pound payoff apparently, not bad for a couple of seasons work.
A nice payout for being crap. Him and Allardyce have made many millions from frequently being sacked.

Last edited:

Scaleyback

Veteran
A nice payout for being crap. Him and Allardyce have made many millions from frequently being sacked.

Since 2000 Steve Bruce has a better win percentage at Newcastle than:-
Kevin Keegan 21 games
Joe kinnear 18 games
Alan Shearer 8 games
John Carver 20 games
Steve McClaren 22 games

Steve Bruce was manager for 97 games !

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Since 2000 Steve Bruce has a better win percentage at Newcastle than:-
Kevin Keegan 21 games
Joe kinnear 18 gamesat only sold
Alan Shearer 8 games
John Carver 20 games
Steve McClaren 22 games

Steve Bruce was manager for 97 games !
They weren't that good either! Trouble is, Newcastle because they're a 'big club' aren't a successful club. They haven't won anything in many decades. Their new owners will try and buy 'great players', but at best for a 'big club' that only sold for 300 and odd million expectations will be higher than achievements...as usual.

Scaleyback

Veteran
They weren't that good either! Trouble is, Newcastle because they're a 'big club' aren't a successful club. They haven't won anything in many decades. Their new owners will try and buy 'great players', but at best for a 'big club' that only sold for 300 and odd million expectations will be higher than achievements...as usual.

I think with the new owners Newcastle will benefit enormously in the long term ! Maybe they can become one of the 'big six' ? I think it will be tough because top players have shown a reluctance to move to the northeast :blush:

Excuse me if I refer to 'my club' Leicester city, I think they have proven that with the right owners and good 'husbandry, success can be achieved. Leicester are quite a 'small club' compared to Newcastle. As I moved from Leicestershire to North Yorkshire some years ago and my wife is from Whitley Bay I regard Newcastle as my 2nd team so I would like them to succeed.

carpiste

Guru
I think with the new owners Newcastle will benefit enormously in the long term ! Maybe they can become one of the 'big six' ? I think it will be tough because top players have shown a reluctance to move to the northeast :blush:
If Newcastle get into the top six and Utd, Spuds or the Arse drop down a bit then it`ll be a big 8!
It used to be top 3 or big 3 then Liverpool dropped and it became big 4.... then Arsenal, Spuds and Utd regularly went below the top 4 so it became the big 6!
City, Chelsea, Newcastle, Leicester, Liverpool, Utd..... something has to give 😄

Scaleyback

Veteran
Unfortunately, I think Leicester city may struggle to maintain a top 6 place. I am a realistic supporter but we have probably punched above our weight the last couple of years.

yello

Unfortunately, I think Leicester city may struggle to maintain a top 6 place. I am a realistic supporter but we have probably punched above our weight the last couple of years.
I'm inclined to agree, sadly. Leicester (no small club by any stretch of the imagination) can't keep up with the spend/squads of the 'big clubs' They'll struggle to hang on to their best players (Tiellemens, Soyuncu and Ricardo all have contracts up in 2023, and I reckon certainly the former will go) so they really are reliant on finding nrew talent. That said, Daka looks the business!

Scaleyback

Veteran
I'm inclined to agree, sadly. Leicester (no small club by any stretch of the imagination) can't keep up with the spend/squads of the 'big clubs' They'll struggle to hang on to their best players (Tiellemens, Soyuncu and Ricardo all have contracts up in 2023, and I reckon certainly the former will go) so they really are reliant on finding nrew talent. That said, Daka looks the business!

Yes, currently the stadium max is 32,000, paltry by 'big club' standards. Planning permission is in to increase that to 40.000. Where the Foxes really
cannot compete is the revenue generated in sponsorship etc. They are big in Thailand of course ^_^ They pay what you and I would think are big salarys. Vardy is reputed to be on £160,000 but of course that is relatively 'small beer' compared to the BIG clubs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom