The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I`m pretty sure the new Newcastle owners aren`t going to rush things. They need to get to safety this year so I suspect a new manager will be coming soon and probably 4 or 5 players with proven records. Not necessarily top players now, but players who will keep them up.
After that I can see a few better players coming in summer, along with big improvements to the ground, training facilities and of course lots of good stuff for the community.

They can't do much with the stadium, unless the new owners build a new one, which is possible I suppose.

carpiste

Guru
I`m thinking of giving it a spruce up, more hospitality etc. Man City had a brand new stadium but it was completely changed, for the better. and of course we went from a crumby out of the way training set up to a huge new complex within sight of the ground. The blueprint is there for them to look at I`m sure.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Leicester's next premier league match is away at Brentford and I fear the worst for the Foxes. Leaving aside the long trip to Spartak Moscow for Wednesday's match :ohmy: The Foxes are about the worst in the league for defending corners and high balls into the box. After watching Brentford 'almost' dismantle Chelski that seems a favourite strategy of theirs.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Leicester's next premier league match is away at Brentford and I fear the worst for the Foxes. Leaving aside the long trip to Spartak Moscow for Wednesday's match :ohmy: The Foxes are about the worst in the league for defending corners and high balls into the box. After watching Brentford 'almost' dismantle Chelski that seems a favourite strategy of theirs.
They did the same against liverpool. High balls to 2/3 players piling in at the back post and pick up the scraps from there

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Hope the England fans are proud of themselves.
A one match crowd ban following the Euro finals crowd invasion disaster.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Burnley are an embarrassment to the Premier league. The sooner they're out, the better the Premier league will be.

I would like to try and understand your very strong views on Burnley in the Premier league.
I am a Leicester City supporter so no 'axe to grind'
I accept they play a 'robust' style of football but as I said earlier re Brentford, teams have to play to their strengths.
Of all the teams in the Premiership (including Leicester) I believe Burnley have the most 'honest' players. By this I mean less 'divers' plus less grown men who fall to the ground and roll about as if shot by a sniper in the stands. This emanates from Sean Dyche of course. This probably accounts for the following statistic:-
Since VAR was introduced Man Untd have been awarded a penalty 1 every 2.9 games. Burnley have been given 4 in 64 matches and are right near the bottom of the penalties awarded count.
The 'makeup' of Burnley's squad for 2021 is 'enlightening' 😊
Players eligible for countries:-
England = 17
Scotland/Wales/Ireland = 5
Overseas = 5
Personally I feel for the good of the national team all teams should have a limit on 'overseas' players.

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I believe Burnley have the most 'honest' players. By this I mean less 'divers' plus less grown men who fall to the ground and roll about as if shot by a sniper in the stands.

Haha - this made me laugh, having watched them at the Etihad on Saturday doing precisely this. The only difference is that Burnley do it to waste time rather than gain penalties.

On English and the national team, it's notable that the English team is currently in it's richest vein of form of all time, reaching WC semi then Euros final in successive tournaments.

But I do agree that there's nothing wrong with Burnley's approach to the game. Play to your strengths.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
They need to get to safety this year so I suspect a new manager will be coming soon and probably 4 or 5 players with proven records.

I think there is a good argument for saying Newcastle need 11 new players.

They were out played in every position by a Tottenham team still not firing on all cylinders.

There's a limit to what the new owners can achieve in January, and who knows in what dire straits Newcastle will be in by then?

It would be wise to factor in a season in the lower division as part of the grand rebuilding plan.

Top Bottom