The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
United supporter on Radio 5 live '606' phone in is calling for Ole's sacking and he wants Steve Bruce. :blush:
I think ole should be given another 500m to spend and a 10yr contract…………yes, he has spent a bucket load of cash and the club have gone backwards.

gary neville keeps saying they finished 2nd last season, only 5pts in front of liverpool who had horrendous injuries throughout the season and still finished 3rd……ole brings in sancho, varane, ronaldo and gets absolutely mullered at home. As much as neville wont say it, ronaldos work ethic on the pitch is shocking.

Not only 5-0
but 7 cards - 1 red
and one player carried off due to a bad/clumsy tackle

looks like a total lack of discipline - which comes down to team moral and that is down to the management

Liverpool were held back in the 2nd half which could show that the manager 'had a word' and pulled them up a bit

but I have also seen that Klopp told the team that this is about winning not humiliating - so the plan sounds like it was to hold them back and dominate but not go for a silly score

Who knows??

apparently Man U have Spurs next and Man City pretty soon
They could sink badly the next week or so if someone doesn;t pull them together

Still - funny as Hell:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
The whole point of Ole IMO was a ploy by the Glazers to settle the fans knowing he is a club legend at a point of internal turmoil after the Mourinho era didn't go as hoped and the fans were getting noisy. Hiring Ole worked to an extent but i rather suspect the club is heading for full fat meltdown.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The whole point of Ole IMO was a ploy by the Glazers to settle the fans knowing he is a club legend at a point of internal turmoil after the Mourinho era didn't go as hoped and the fans were getting noisy. Hiring Ole worked to an extent but i rather suspect the club is heading for full fat meltdown.
I hope so…….

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
God, United are so laughably bad these days and their league position papers over just what a shambles they've been for years. It's wonderful seeing bacon face in the stands with a mardy on. Ever since he said "not in my lifetime", and that arrogant banner that the rags put up counting the years since a City title, I've been relishing seeing seasons like this. And now they just keep coming, year after year while the "noisy neighbours" get to see sublime football. It's perfect karma.

Cheers Liverpool, I'd rather you hadn't picked up another 3 points, but that was fun anyway.

Last edited:

carpiste

Guru
.........And in other news today,in the London derby West Ham beat Tottenham 1-0 to go up to fourth in the Epl.
Which means, after todays results and utd leaving the top 6, both Spuds and Hammers become part of the big 8 :okay::laugh:

yello

.........And in other news today,in the London derby West Ham beat Tottenham 1-0 to go up to fourth in the Epl.

and Leicester hung in there against an energetic, well organised and arguably unlucky Brentford. They (Brentford) worked hard, gave it everything and had they only taken their chances... quality was perhaps the difference. You can't argue with some finishes.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's 10 years almost to the day since City beat United 6-1 at OT on their way to winning the title.

Just saying...
A Manchester City fan asked me in all seriousness should he take his son to that game. He said if he took his impressionable 8 year-old to that match - being so big - he'd be compelled to support City the rest of his life and as my mate said, that had been the bane of his life as they were always in United's shadow! I think he's glad he took him to that game now and so's the kid!

Top Bottom