The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'd agree with that. Being a hammer i'm over the moon at how well we are doing this season but i'm also a realist in knowing that Chelsea,Liverpool and City are miles ahead of the rest.
you need to find a way of keeping antonio fit or getting a striker that helps when hes not scoring......not many strikers out there though to be fair

Scaleyback

Veteran
and Leicester hung in there against an energetic, well organised and arguably unlucky Brentford. They (Brentford) worked hard, gave it everything and had they only taken their chances... quality was perhaps the difference. You can't argue with some finishes.

Yes, as I suggested earlier in this thread Brentford were a 'handful'. According to Thomas Frank, Brentford 'hammered' the Foxes in the 1st half ? I would imagine Leicester's long journey to Moscow and back in midweek didn't help their cause ? I think Brentford play a similar game to Burnley with many high balls into the box. Leicester don't defend these very well. However, well done to Leicester for 'hanging in there' and two moments of quality were all the Foxes needed fortunately. ^_^

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
1635158950576.png

Scaleyback

Veteran
you need to find a way of keeping antonio fit or getting a striker that helps when hes not scoring......not many strikers out there though to be fair

When Antonio is unavailable, West Ham play a different system, with 3 up front. Antonio is quite a unique player and it is difficult (and expensive) to get a similar player. It is one of the few things that makes Moyes change the system (other than injuries), the one thing he swaps regurlarly is Benrahma and Fornels playing centrally or on the left depending on the opposition. I think he got it wrong on Sunday, Benrahma played in the centre and did not seem to really create much, but he did do his defensive duties, so an improvement on last season. But a win is a win.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I first walked into Upton Park in 1962 and have followed the Hammers ever since. I have never before seen a West Ham team like this one and it is all down to Moyes, he has transformed the culture at the club.

West Ham have had some great players over the years, but prior to this we mostly tended to look like a Ferrari towing a caravan. Pretty to look at but not fast enough for lane three.

I first walked into Upton Park in 1962 and have followed the Hammers ever since. I have never before seen a West Ham team like this one and it is all down to Moyes, he has transformed the culture at the club.

West Ham have had some great players over the years, but prior to this we mostly tended to look like a Ferrari towing a caravan. Pretty to look at but not fast enough for lane three.

One year before me @Smokin Joe.
You can change your wife,job and car but you can't change your team....... unless your a 'plastic':whistle:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Our last home match I went to before the pandemic was against the Hammers, which went well for us. Here's convivially hoping you get battered tomorrow!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
City will be favourites if they put out a strong team on Wednesday.
Saying that with their squad even a weakened team will still be very good
I'm not too bothered about this one. We're fourth in the league, three points away from the knockout stage of the Europa League (Possibly even one if other results pan out for us) and with the FA Cup rounds to start after Christmas. Even the biggest clubs can't go for everything and there's no chance of anyone else being able to do it.

Top Bottom