The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
As I have pointed out before, Pompey have more recent trophies than Spurs :laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I wondered that then I read the article more carefully and it is about the 'traditional' top six (second para').

Most important thing is that Chelsea FC are out in front. ^_^
That used to be the traditional top 4 until arsenal lost that status to man city, so they then added spurs to make a top 6, although spurs have won diddly squat……how did that happen hey.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
That used to be the traditional top 4 until arsenal lost that status to man city, so they then added spurs to make a top 6, although spurs have won diddly squat……how did that happen hey.
Wait for Newcastle to spend big. It will be the big 7.
there are only so many trophies to win and European places to qualify for.

AndyRM

XOXO
True, but i honestly think newcastle will struggle to attract the big players for a few years yet

I don't. I expect to see a fair amount of spending in January, and assuming they stay up massive investment over the summer.

There's this weird, largely media fuelled, perception that Newcastle is some sort of backwater. It isn't.

jowwy

I don't. I expect to see a fair amount of spending in January, and assuming they stay up massive investment over the summer.

There's this weird, largely media fuelled, perception that Newcastle is some sort of backwater. It isn't.
its not about it being some backwater.......its just they have always struggled to build a team and attract the big stars. How will they invest with no big sponsorship deals to boost their income, they cant raise ticket or season ticket prices as the fans will want to know why with such rich owners..

so how are they going to fund it without flouting FFP rules???

AndyRM

XOXO
its not about it being some backwater.......its just they have always struggled to build a team and attract the big stars. How will they invest with no big sponsorship deals to boost their income, they cant raise ticket or season ticket prices as the fans will want to know why with such rich owners..

so how are they going to fund it without flouting FFP rules???

I agree they've struggled to build a team, but recently that's been down to chronic under-investment by Ashley.

As for 'big stars', have a look at the history of the club; again pre-Ashley they never struggled.

jowwy

I agree they've struggled to build a team, but recently that's been down to chronic under-investment by Ashley.

As for 'big stars', have a look at the history of the club; again pre-Ashley they never struggled.
they have had the odd star signing aspirilla, ginola, barnes, keegan......but hardly enough to force a long standing challenge at the top of the premier league...i mean when was the last time a trophy was put in the cabinet??? and do you really want players coming just for the payday, like ronaldo, zlatan, sanchez at UTD, or do you want long term stability with a team built over many years???

i guess time will tell, but i think the chronic under investment you talk about isn't what you think.....Mike Ashley spent millions at newcastle, just not the amount of millions the fans wanted.......

Top Bottom