The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
That’s wise. Not many proper Liverpool fans, i.e. Scousers, understand Welsh.
i dont understand welsh either.......and can you tell me what a Proper Liverpool fan is??? or is it just another dig at me, rather than all football fans around the world that support teams that they dont live close to or have ever visited in their lifetime...im guessing its just yet another dig at me, rather than adding anything at all to the thread....

the same as you do on every other thread i take part in on this forum, seems to be a pattern forming when it comes to your posts, cause they always seem to be me more about me than about the subject matter being discussed. Maybe your just a little obsessed with me :wub:

AndyRM

XOXO
so he didnt leave them debt free, spend over 140m in transfers in the last 5yrs ( according to the above data ). Some may call it pittance, Burnley fans would call that fantastic.........

but hey that's your opinion and this is mine.....

By all means, respect Mike Ashley. Your opinion is about as popular as The Sun is on Merseyside.

jowwy

By all means, respect Mike Ashley. Your opinion is about as popular as The Sun is on Merseyside.
But your disrespecting the owner of a club that you dont support, why??? To what means does it matter to you whether he invested heavily in newcastle or not, what difference would it make to you as a non supporter of newcatle united football club???

i have respect for anyone who puts up money to try their best to run a football club and try as best they can to bring some joy and fulfilment to their fans…….it doesnt always work out, but at least he gave it a go. Have you????

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Aussie "A" league footballer Josh Cavallo announces that he's gay, reportedly the first high level footballer to come out while still playing. Shocking that this is the first, in 2021 for goodness sakes, when it's widely accepted that around 10% of men are gay.
Well done Josh, and I hope it urges other gay footballers to realise it's not something that needs to be hidden any more. A long way to to, clearly, before some of the neanderthal fans don't target people for abuse for being different to them in some way, but a big positive step at least. Every long journey begins with a step.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1453275272715939845?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

AndyRM

XOXO
But your disrespecting the owner of a club that you dont support, why??? To what means does it matter to you whether he invested heavily in newcastle or not, what difference would it make to you as a non supporter of newcatle united football club???

i have respect for anyone who puts up money to try their best to run a football club and try as best they can to bring some joy and fulfilment to their fans…….it doesnt always work out, but at least he gave it a go. Have you????

Ashley didn't invest heavily. The side was relegated twice under his tenure.

AndyRM

XOXO
How many clubs have you invested in???

Well, I have a season ticket at Rugby Park, I've bought a brick in the wall there and have bought several strips over the years. I've also been to many games there, and at other grounds in Scotland, and around England too, which is investment of a sort.

Ashley's net spend over his years of ownership was £130m, which is nothing in top flight football terms. The simple fact is that all he was interested in was making money from the club, which he did. I lost count of the number of times there were rumoured takeovers which he knocked back because they didn't meet his valuation.

He's a businessman, and good at making money, which I have no problem with, but the suggestion he was any good as the owner of Newcastle is nonsense.

jowwy

Well, I have a season ticket at Rugby Park, I've bought a brick in the wall there and have bought several strips over the years. I've also been to many games there, and at other grounds in Scotland, and around England too, which is investment of a sort.

Ashley's net spend over his years of ownership was £130m, which is nothing in top flight football terms. The simple fact is that all he was interested in was making money from the club, which he did. I lost count of the number of times there were rumoured takeovers which he knocked back because they didn't meet his valuation.

He's a businessman, and good at making money, which I have no problem with, but the suggestion he was any good as the owner of Newcastle is nonsense.
His net spend on transfers you mean…what about clearing the debt, infrastructure, stand upgrades etc etc…..are you aware of any of those things or you just looking at transfers???

as for buying a season ticket for a football club you support, thats hardly an investment in the terms of buying and funding a premier league football club.

AndyRM

XOXO
His net spend on transfers you mean…what about clearing the debt, infrastructure, stand upgrades etc etc…..are you aware of any of those things or you just looking at transfers???

as for buying a season ticket for a football club you support, thats hardly an investment in the terms of buying and funding a premier league football club.

I'm looking at how he run the club. Which was for a profit, and with little spending. Most Newcastle fans are critical of his tenure, and rightly so.

As for infrastructure and stand upgrades, there have been none, save for a massive TV screen. He did pay off a lot of debt left by the Shepherd regime, but that was largely because he hadn't done due diligence about the financial situation. I'd be surprised if he'd bought the club otherwise.

And no, I agree, but then I'm not a billionaire. I contribute as I can to the club I support. Do you have a season ticket for Liverpool?

Kilmarnock have a small fan base, and a large stadium, so despite not being able to regularly attend games I consider my contributions, such as they are, as a fairly significant investment.

jowwy

I'm looking at how he run the club. Which was for a profit, and with little spending. Most Newcastle fans are critical of his tenure, and rightly so.

As for infrastructure and stand upgrades, there have been none, save for a massive TV screen. He did pay off a lot of debt left by the Shepherd regime, but that was largely because he hadn't done due diligence about the financial situation. I'd be surprised if he'd bought the club otherwise.

And no, I agree, but then I'm not a billionaire. I contribute as I can to the club I support. Do you have a season ticket for Liverpool?

Kilmarnock have a small fan base, and a large stadium, so despite not being able to regularly attend games I consider my contributions, such as they are, as a fairly significant investment.
Getting a season ticket for liverpool is like getting a golden ticket from willy wonka……..

but im not the one complaining about investement in a football club that i dont support, you are, yet you have never owned or invested in a football yourself, but critical of someone else who tried and did what he thought was best. It didnt work out and newcastle fans were unhappy about it, but what business is that of a kilmarnock supporter i dont know…

it would be like me being critical of the owners of cardiff city or newport county, when i have zero interest in their club, infrastructure or managerial model. It seems people like to be highley critical of others, who are able to do things they cant, just for the sake of it……

AndyRM

XOXO
Getting a season ticket for liverpool is like getting a golden ticket from willy wonka……..

but im not the one complaining about investement in a football club that i dont support, you are, yet you have never owned or invested in a football yourself, but critical of someone else who tried and did what he thought was best. It didnt work out and newcastle fans were unhappy about it, but what business is that of a kilmarnock supporter i dont know…

it would be like me being critical of the owners of cardiff city or newport county, when i have zero interest in their club, infrastructure or managerial model. It seems people like to be highley critical of others, who are able to do things they cant, just for the sake of it……

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that he didn't invest the way you seem to think he did. And the criticism is justified.

I live in Newcastle, a lot of my friends are Newcastle supporters so I care about the damage that's been done to their club by Ashley.

Also, I've bought a football.

Top Bottom