The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Screenshot_20211120-154543_Chrome.jpg

giphy - 2020-06-24T151912.408.gif

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Has a manager ever been sacked at half time????

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I can't think of any relatively recently retired great player who has pulled up trees as a Premiership manager - see Man U score update above.

Which doesn't mean Gerrard can't do it, but there's a lot of history against him.

As a more general point, I think very few great players have ever made great managers, and in any event most great managers are older than the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, and Solksjaer.

As a Spur, I see a resurgent Villa as a threat, although would otherwise be delighted to see an English manager succeed in the Premiership.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I can't think of any relatively recently retired great player who has pulled up trees as a Premiership manager - see Man U score update above.

Which doesn't mean Gerrard can't do it, but there's a lot of history against him.

As a more general point, I think very few great players have ever made great managers, and in any event most great managers are older than the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, and Solksjaer.

As a Spur, I see a resurgent Villa as a threat, although would otherwise be delighted to see an English manager succeed in the Premiership.
Pep????

carpiste

Guru
MOTD will be fun I think. I wonder who will be getting interviewed from MUFC?
Whoever it is it will be funny I`m sure.
ps. Watford really did deserve to win and it wasn`t just a poor, poor performance by Utd.

Well done to wolves for winning today.
Didn't seem it was a great game.
West ham off form today compared to recent games.That's why as a hammer i don't get carried away with all this getting into the champions league B/S.
Still a lot of games to go and in this league there no such thing as an easy game......unless you're Watford :whistle:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Well done to wolves for winning today.
Didn't seem it was a great game.
West ham off form today compared to recent games.That's why as a hammer i don't get carried away with all this getting into the champions league B/S.
Still a lot of games to go and in this league there no such thing as an easy game......unless you're Watford :whistle:
I had a bad feeling about this one :sad:

Norwich could possibly turn their awful start around, they're only three points off safety now while Newcastle could end up the richest club in the Championship. They are going to have a hell of a job attracting quality players in the transfer window while they sit bottom without a single win.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Arsenal's woes restarted at Anfield…
Meanwhile, in the lower orders, Pompey came from behind to beat Wimbledon, creeping back up the table in the past few weeks.

Top Bottom