The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm off to a European game tonight, the result of which makes absolutely no difference whatsoever! We win 10-0 or lose 10-0 and any score in between will not matter at all as we've already won the group as champions so it's a total dead rubber. As I'm committed to the European cup scheme, my account is deducted of the amount of the full tickets whether I go and stand in my seated area or not, so I may as well go. Can't imagine there'll need to be any atmosphere tonight and now it's more faff than it's worth to swap the recipient of your ticket, the crowd composition will probably be the most interesting thing about the match. We'll probably cheer the away team's goals. If they get any!

Dave7

Legendary Member
LFC is.....to say the least, not exciting. Porto have have the best chances.
2nd half starting....it surely must be better.

yello

Been great this one :okay:P
One of the better matches I've ever seen. The level of skill on both sides was top drawer. ManCity dominant in terms of territory and possession but when you have the front 3 PSG have, they could create something out of nothing at any time. And PSG defended really well.

I don't watch Man City often (less so PSG) but that was perhaps the most complete performance I've seen from them in a good while.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
LFC is.....to say the least, not exciting. Porto have have the best chances.
2nd half starting....it surely must be better.
Liverpool didnt need to be exciting, they already qualified top of the group. So playing the back up squad was always going to make the game less interesting.

but 2 brilliant goals and we march unbeaten into the next game, while breaking an 80yr old scoring record

Stephenite

Membå
... and two more journalists arrested in Qatar with their recording equipment confiscated.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Liverpool didnt need to be exciting, they already qualified top of the group. So playing the back up squad was always going to make the game less interesting.
i realise that but 50,000 fans have paid serious money to see an 'exciting' game.
It did light up in the 2nd half though.
I was disappointed with Konate.....very sluggish.

jowwy

i realise that but 50,000 fans have paid serious money to see an 'exciting' game.
I think the 50,000 will be happy with what they saw….i know one of my old cycling buddies was

PaulB

Legendary Member
We didn't pay 'serious money' (it was only £45) to see an exciting game. We're fans and have no say on the amount of entertainment we receive. There are no guarantees. In the end, our players were just too good and the talent showed through with Porto unable to contain our boys. We'd been denied a couple of what looked like goals already so had Alcantara's shot not been so superb - and right at my side of the Kop as well (!), it would have been greeted by a shrug. After Konate's booking, we were clamouring for him to be replaced by one of our favourites, Nat Philips who'd been warming up but Jurgen never gave him the chance.

jowwy

We didn't pay 'serious money' (it was only £45) to see an exciting game. We're fans and have no say on the amount of entertainment we receive. There are no guarantees. In the end, our players were just too good and the talent showed through with Porto unable to contain our boys. We'd been denied a couple of what looked like goals already so had Alcantara's shot not been so superb - and right at my side of the Kop as well (!), it would have been greeted by a shrug. After Konate's booking, we were clamouring for him to be replaced by one of our favourites, Nat Philips who'd been warming up but Jurgen never gave him the chance.
to some that's serious money.....all the goals were correctly deemed offside.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I think the 50,000 will be happy with what they saw….i know one of my old cycling buddies was
They wouldn't have been happy if a couple of Porto's simple chances had gone in 1st half.......we were very fortunate then.
2nd half Porto ran out of steam.
I am a die hard LFC fan of over 60 years but have to admit that.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Puzzles me that. When Net Phillips had a run he did really well but now JK won't give him a chance.
He can't be worse than Konate was.

Top Bottom