The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
watching the liverpool on sky game of the day. Another superb display by the red arrows up front, strong showing from konate and another clean sheet.

Hoping chelsea might drop a few points tmrw, but i wont put any money on it.
I am just going to watch the game on recorded MoTD .
I read various post match reviews and one on them showed various twitter messages where (spposed) fans slagged Konate off. I will soon know..

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have three new worries in my life West Brom, QPR and Coventry..........it's been a while since we needed to worry about other team's results.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I read various post match reviews and one on them showed various twitter messages where (spposed) fans slagged Konate off. I will soon know..
The word in brackets hits home - supposed fans.
my opinion is different, hes quick, powerful, strong in the air…….and as with every footballer in the world, can and will make mistakes

Dave7

Legendary Member
The word in brackets hits home - supposed fans.
my opinion is different, hes quick, powerful, strong in the air…….and as with every footballer in the world, can and will make mistakes
I will report back........just about to click the button.
BTW.....Chelsea Vs Utd could be juicy. World class players + new manager. Who knows.

jowwy

I will report back........just about to click the button.
BTW.....Chelsea Vs Utd could be juicy. World class players + new manager. Who knows.
I dont ragnick is place yet is he???

and just for reference, your opinion may well differ from mine based on a 15min highlight real from match of the day, compared to watching the whole unedited game on skysports.

Last edited:

yello

Too early for a new manager bounce? And, as said, I didn't think he was effectively in place just yet. Going to be interesting when he is though. Will he take a bit of time and assess what he's got, or will he weild the pruning shears from day one and instigate a new training regime from the word go?

Either way, he won't turn ManU around within the week. That ship's top heavy, carrying some inertia, so it'll take a good bit of time to alter its course... perhaps even longer than he's got?

jowwy

Too early for a new manager bounce? And, as said, I didn't think he was effectively in place just yet. Going to be interesting when he is though. Will he take a bit of time and assess what he's got, or will he weild the pruning shears from day one and instigate a new training regime from the word go?

Either way, he won't turn ManU around within the week. That ship's top heavy, carrying some inertia, so it'll take a good bit of time to alter its course... perhaps even longer than he's got?
Totally agree…..and hoping it never gets turned around and they keep spending huge amounts on has beens and shoe horn them into a non existant structure

Dave7

Legendary Member
Totally agree…..and hoping it never gets turned around and they keep spending huge amounts on has beens and shoe horn them into a non existant structure
I would like it to turn around.........just for 90 minutes today. A nice 3:3 draw. Then they can go back to playing sh*te ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
I would like it to turn around.........just for 90 minutes today. A nice 3:3 draw. Then they can go back to playing sh*te ^_^
0-0 better, scoring goals gives players confidence…don’t want that ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Some speculation now about the African Nations Cup being cancelled due to Covid. The women's tournament and the youth equivalent have been called off and with further speculation about Cameroon's lack of suitability to host the tournament, it could well not go ahead this year.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I don't believe any of our actual fans have slagged Konate off. He looked superb yesterday and Klopp was explaining the centre-back partnership and loss of Virgil last season was his biggest worry. He's now got Matip (who I would have played), Gomez (who partnered with Virg brilliantly) and Phillips who deputised superbly when called on last season. I think all are fit and itching to play.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I don't believe any of our actual fans have slagged Konate off. He looked superb yesterday and Klopp was explaining the centre-back partnership and loss of Virgil last season was his biggest worry. He's now got Matip (who I would have played), Gomez (who partnered with Virg brilliantly) and Phillips who deputised superbly when called on last season. I think all are fit and itching to play.
Having watched MoTD I was pleased overall.
I could criticise Konate but it would be harsh. The 'highlights' showed just one glaring error but he the recovered it well.

Wednesday Vs the toffees should be tasty^_^

jowwy

Having watched MoTD I was pleased overall.
I could criticise Konate but it would be harsh. The 'highlights' showed just one glaring error but he the recovered it well.

Wednesday Vs the toffees should be tasty^_^
Footballers will make errors….hes only 22, first season in a new team and country. Ronaldo makes loads, so does, messi, hey even VVD makes a few during every game….

BUT, it was a win and a clean sheet, the rest dont matter

Slick

Guru
Giovanni has certainly got off to a great start with another good win today following on from a great European result midweek.

Another tough test this midweek when we go to the capital and try and make up for the abysmal Hampden performance.

Stevie G is fast becoming a memory now to most.

Top Bottom