The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Look what this report says - its laughable

View attachment 619895

we've got our fighting spirit back, i mean what a joke. They get a lucky goal from a peter kay clearance ( john smiths adverts) and other than that got mullered for 89 minutes, with de gea yet again keeping them in the game. Just like the spurs game was a false dawn, i believe this one to be too.....

Unless they get a whole new midfield, fullbacks and a proper striker ( not another 37yr old has been ) they will be forever be a mid table cup team, as roy keane said in the skysports studio after the game.

What you worrying about ? Your team are doing ok , playing some nice football . Man U I’m sure will have their day in the sun again. You sound some what bitter about them. Is that because they are a bigger club ?

Dave7

Legendary Member
What you worrying about ? Your team are doing ok , playing some nice football . Man U I’m sure will have their day in the sun again. You sound some what bitter about them. Is that because they are a bigger club ?
I am (as I said previously) a life long LFC supporter.
However I have enjoyed watching some of the great Utd teams** through the years as I appreciate good football
**George Best, Dennis Law etc.
Ryan Giggs etc.
Some other Fergie teams.
As you say Utd will have their day again but hopefully not for a long time ^_^

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Ah it's not just me then. To my mind Utd have always been the "biggest" English club which has never made them popular with supporters of other clubs. Harsh and some would say unpleasant view is Munich was the foundation of this.

Liverpool on the other hand are what I call a "proper" football club which is far higher praise.

Like @Dave7 I've enjoyed watching some great Utd teams. One of my abiding football memories is sitting on a chair three feet from the touchline watching Aldershot Town play the Utd of Best, Law and Charlton. Another is of those grainy images of a rain soaked, misty Anfield we'd see on b/w TV on European nights.

As a Rover I've never understood why others "hate" Burnley. I'd apply the same to any club rivalry. This bitterness is rather sad.

Last edited:

yello

Yep, as a Leicester fan I've never got the 'hatred' for Nottingham Forest. Indeed, Forest under Clough were perhaps my favourite other team back then.

That hatred is applied to east midlands teams generally. I don't get it. The only thing I can figure is that I wasn't raised in Leicester (only born) so wasn't indoctrinated from any early age (school etc)

jowwy

Ah it's not just me then. To my mind Utd have always been the "biggest" English club which has never made them popular with supporters of other clubs. Harsh and some would say unpleasant view is Munich was the foundation of this.

Liverpool on the other hand are what I call a "proper" football club which is far higher praise.

Like @Dave7 I've enjoyed watching some great Utd teams. One of my abiding football memories is sitting on a chair three feet from the touchline watching Aldershot Town play the Utd of Best, Law and Charlton. Another is of those grainy images of a rain soaked, misty Anfield we'd see on b/w TV on European nights.

As a Rover I've never understood why others "hate" Burnley. I'd apply the same to any club rivalry. This bitterness is rather sad.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

it took 30yrs of Liverpool not winning a title, for this so called "biggest club" to catch us up and then, they only surpassed us by 2 titles and cant touch us in European trophies. I wonder in 30yrs time, if UTD don't win a title, how far Liverpool will go past the 20 UTD currently have. We are only 1 behind now

Last edited:

Cirrus

Veteran
Man U have appointment Rangnick as manager for the rest of the season, remind me is he Marvel or DC?

PaulSB

Legendary Member
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

it took 30yrs of Liverpool not winning a title, for this so called "biggest club" to catch us up and then, they only surpassed us by 2 titles and cant touch us in European trophies. I wonder in 30yrs time, if UTD don't win a title, how far Liverpool will go past the 20 UTD currently have. We are only 1 behind now
I know you don't understand what others are saying. The majority of your posts make this clear.

jowwy

I know you don't understand what others are saying. The majority of your posts make this clear.
so you think cause others on this forum think it, it must be true.......that's even funnier than saying utd are the biggest club in england.

I mean liverpool have the biggest trophy haul out of the two....so how do you make out they are bigger or the biggest???

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It was an interesting game yesterday. In a way, playing Chelsea away allows Manchester United's strengths to come to the fore. They are a squad assembled to play counter attacking football. They score by soaking up pressure, winning the ball in their own penalty area and breaking upfield. Playing a big team away from home and you have to counter attack, it's the only way and they have a squad well suited to this style

Playing at home, they feel obligated to play on the front foot and press the opposition in the opposition's half to win the ball. But they don't have the squad to do this. Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City all have squads assembled specifically to press and win the ball back quickly and keep pressure on the opposition until they crack.

I doubt the Interim will be able to convert Ronaldo, Greenwood, Rashford etc into a pressing trio like Salah, Mane and Jota so there's gonna be some changes

PaulSB

Legendary Member
so you think cause others on this forum think it, it must be true.......that's even funnier than saying utd are the biggest club in england.

I mean liverpool have the biggest trophy haul out of the two....so how do you make out they are bigger or the biggest???
I don't reach my conclusions based on what others think on any subject though I'm always happy to take it on board and perhaps change my view.

My first interest real interest in league football resulted from the '65 cup final. Utd have always been widely supported across the UK and with every decade which passes that "support" has spread wider and wider across the world. A little research on Google quickly shows Utd have an enormous fan base and some argue are the world's best supported club. I feel the majority would agree this is the case hence biggest.

You are counting "biggest" by trophies alone. I do not. I described Liverpool as a "proper" football club and I feel are a better club in every respect than Utd. It's about every aspect of the culture which surrounds Liverpool. This though doesn't make Liverpool the bigger club and it really doesn't matter.

As a humble Rover I can see this. As someone who loved to watch the great Liverpool sides of the 60s, 70s and 80s I can see it. As you're a Liverpool fan I'm surprised you don't see this. Great is far more important than "biggest."

Top Bottom