The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
What? 16 games 16 away wins!?

Well, no, but I wasn't being serious.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Well, that was intense!

20220522_184638.jpg

With Man U losing against Palace West Ham blew their chance of another Europa League run, 1-3 at Brighton.

It's the the easier Conference next season and we must be among the big favourites, but whether we can hold onto Rice this summer is a moot point.
Yeah quite frankly we blew it.
I'm pleased Moyes was angry:cursing: after the game because we were so poor in the second half.Mind you Moyes has to take some of the blame for not adding to our already small squad in the january transfer market.
We looked tired yesterday against a good Brighton team and we must recruit in the summer.

AndyRM

XOXO
This quote from nufc.com could just as easily have been written about Killie in recent seasons:

"Whoever ends up making way for the anticipated influx though can leave content in the fact that they've played their part in a job well done, providing a solid base for future growth by quite simply stopping the rot.

So often we've reached this point on our knees, glad to see the back of another prison sentence of a season. We didn't want this one to finish though - and won't be alone counting the days until the next one comes around."

It's an odd feeling having watched Killie win a league and Newcastle completely turn things around and look like a quality side. Not that I'm complaining and long may it continue!

Yeah quite frankly we blew it.
I'm pleased Moyes was angry:cursing: after the game because we were so poor in the second half.Mind you Moyes has to take some of the blame for not adding to our already small squad in the january transfer market.
We looked tired yesterday against a good Brighton team and we must recruit in the summer.

Yeah Brighton did us a favour ... at least you didn't go down 4-0!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I wonder if it is time to go back to fencing again? Now I fully understand the reasons it was scrapped, and as I watched that particular game live on TV and saw the horrors unfold I also understand why it is such an emotive issue. But we now have all seater stadiums and the crowd surges that used to happen in the past (And I've been caught up in a few) don't happen anymore.

There is always the danger of fire or a structural collapse where the fans need to be moved onto the pitch for safety, but opening sections in the fence at regular intervals could solve that provided they were constantly manned by stewards.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I wonder if it is time to go back to fencing again? Now I fully understand the reasons it was scrapped, and as I watched that particular game live on TV and saw the horrors unfold I also understand why it is such an emotive issue. But we now have all seater stadiums and the crowd surges that used to happen in the past (And I've been caught up in a few) don't happen anymore.

There is always the danger of fire or a structural collapse where the fans need to be moved onto the pitch for safety, but opening sections in the fence at regular intervals could solve that provided they were constantly manned by stewards.

Water cannons. 👍

Slick

Guru

Thankfully it will never happen.

PaulB

Legendary Member

No, those days are gone. Time to legalise MDMA? That stopped football violence just like THAT in the 90s.

Mike_P

Guru
Home advantage proved worthless for Notts County and Halifax in the National League playoff single leg quarter finals, both losing 2-1 to 5 point behind Grimsby and 10 point behind Chesterfield respectively.

potsy

Rambler
Home advantage proved worthless for Notts County and Halifax in the National League playoff single leg quarter finals, both losing 2-1 to 5 point behind Grimsby and 10 point behind Chesterfield respectively.

Got to fancy a Wrexham v Solihull final, with the Welsh team being quite ordinary away from home I am tipping Solihull to become a league club soon ^_^

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Got to fancy a Wrexham v Solihull final, with the Welsh team being quite ordinary away from home I am tipping Solihull to become a league club soon ^_^

will cause chaos with the classic pub quiz question of naming / counting all the "endings" for football teams... united, city, wanderers etc etc.:laugh:

Top Bottom