The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Crazy access arrangements, no outer barrier to stop those without or with fakes so no doubt any report will find the reason the gates kept on being closed was so that those without (etc) could be directed out via another route while the stand access was shut off.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not to be though lost 5-4

Sadly for Wrexham and their benefactor/owner their season has ended in a bad way! Not only did they lose last week's FA Trophy final, but they blew it in a game they should've won comfortably.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61560268
They've shown that they have a good fan base, but will those many fans turn up when it starts all over again in August? 🤔

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The Real keeper won it for them...in my opinion.

If a forward has a brilliant game and scores a hat-trick or a midfielder is outstanding and dictates the game no one complains, yet if a goalkeeper plays a blinder they say his team were lucky. He was just doing the job he is paid to do and Liverpool were not good enough to get the ball past him.

potsy

Rambler
Sadly for Wrexham and their benefactor/owner their season has ended in a bad way! Not only did they lose last week's FA Trophy final, but they blew it in a game they should've won comfortably.
They've shown that they have a good fan base, but will those many fans turn up when it starts all over again in August? 🤔

I might just watch the documentary now I know it has an ending like that 🤣

Mike_P

Guru

Presumably they will be favourites next season, crazy league with only one definite promotion position and packed full of long time league clubs. With the general state of finances it would make a lot of sense that to merge it with League Two as North and South Divisions.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This fellow seems to pop up unexpectedly every now and then. Last time I saw him he was managing Wigan...I think.🤔

He seemed to use clubs as a stepping stone to get better jobs higher up the leagues. I remember his first management job was with Accrington about 10 years ago. As soon as a better offer came along he left and continued the process cub after club.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
So after all the bollocks posted on here about Liverpool's unique achievements and quaddling potential, they have won 2 cups. Well done but not groundbreaking.

A massive achievement to play 330 mins of Cup final action in a season and not score a single goal!!
@PaulB

Tbh the fawning media adulation of LFC is a mystery to fans of other teams.

Undeniably Klopp has built a very good team and every credit to them; but to listen to Owen last night proclaiming them as the finest team in Europe was beyond absurd. Fortunately Rio was on hand to correct him.

Hard to stomach for LFC fans but MCFC are the current best that England has to offer and Real Madrid tops the lot in terms of best in Europe.

To beat PSG, Chelsea (even though we won at their stadium), MCFC and LFC on the road to the final victory is one hell of an achievement.

Should be an interesting season in the EPL next time around with three of the London teams (AFC, THFC & CFC) and MUFC expecting to do better in the title race, albeit for widely differing reasons.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Should be an interesting season in the EPL next time around with three of the London teams (AFC, THFC & CFC) and MUFC expecting to do better in the title race, albeit for widley differing reasons.
It is going to be a very strange season with the month long World Cup break in December. Key players from all the top teams will come back either knackered or injured and it could be another year for an outsider to sneak the title.

Top Bottom