The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Why lucky?

which one? in 1977 an own goal got forest into 3rd place, and then Bolton dropped points from their games in hand when they should have overhauled them.

last weekend 2nd VAR was a nailed on penalty, I'm not convinced about the first, the Hudds player made a massive meal of minimal contact

Mike_P

Guru
You can add they appointed Brian Clough after sacking their previous manager following a defeat by Notts County; what would have happened if the Magpies had lost....Such is fate

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I should have added well done to Forest this season as they were in a mess in sept and bottom of the league, but were the form team running into the play-offs. Hopefully the sale of Djed Spence will net Boro a big £££ sum to reinvest for another tilt at promotion this time.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Aye, they've moved on a bit from this:

I love the attempt at the MOTD theme at the start of both matches!:laugh:

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's not like Clarke to get things so badly wrong, Gordon saved us from being totally embarrassed.

Scotland should be applauded for their recent brave stand against tyranny.

This time, the brave Jocks have ceded their place in the finals to Ukraine (if they beat Wales) because of the war there - oh yeah, there's the Qatar boycott as well.
In 2018, in protest at Russian aggression against Ukraine, they boycotted the finals there.
In 2014, in protest at deforestation of the Amazon, they boycotted the finals in Brazil.
In 2010, uncomfortable with continued inequality in South Africa, those finals were boycotted.
In 2006, still angry about them bombing Shugie's Gran's chippy in Clydebank, they boycotted the finals in Germany.
In 2002, as part of a campaign for a peaceful resolution of the Dokdo Islands dispute, they boycotted the finals in Japan and Korea.

I know that there is widespread disapproval in Scotland of the unfair USMCA deal that replaced NAFTA. If this is not addressed in the next four years, they will boycott the US-Canada-Mexico finals in 2026.

I hope a decent country can host the 2030 World Cup so Scotland can attend. But let's applaud their strong moral stance over the last 20 years.

AndyRM

XOXO
Hilarious stuff. And people wonder why a lot of Scots think the English are w*nkers when it comes to football...

The more realistic Scotland fan (and there are plenty of us) accepts that we just aren't a particularly great national side. It doesn't help that our domestic league system is so clearly skewed in favour of two sides for a start. That said we've got a fair few players doing well outside of Scotland and are very much a work in progress under Clarke.

As I said he got it badly wrong last night, which is rare for him. It won't have helped that he didn't get a proper look at a side who have barely played together, but that doesn't excuse the poor tactics and some woeful performances on the park. Had we played the game on the original date I think we'd have had a much better chance but it looked a game too far at the end of a long season for a few players.

Sunday will be interesting as Wales have a great record in Cardiff and will be more rested than Ukraine who gave everything last night, and were deserved winners.

Chislenko

Veteran
Hilarious stuff. And people wonder why a lot of Scots think the English are w*nkers when it comes to football...

The more realistic Scotland fan (and there are plenty of us) accepts that we just aren't a particularly great national side. It doesn't help that our domestic league system is so clearly skewed in favour of two sides for a start. That said we've got a fair few players doing well outside of Scotland and are very much a work in progress under Clarke.

As I said he got it badly wrong last night, which is rare for him. It won't have helped that he didn't get a proper look at a side who have barely played together, but that doesn't excuse the poor tactics and some woeful performances on the park. Had we played the game on the original date I think we'd have had a much better chance but it looked a game too far at the end of a long season for a few players.

Sunday will be interesting as Wales have a great record in Cardiff and will be more rested than Ukraine who gave everything last night, and were deserved winners.

Not all will be rested, some of the guys who will turn out on Sunday played last night in our Nations League game in Poland.

However I accept your point that we did rest some of our "cotton wool" players.

I didn't watch Scotland last night but would be interested in a fans view on the officiating, certainly when we played Denmark at Euro 2020 a few days after the Christian Erickson affair it did appear the whole world was looking for a Denmark sympathy win and this showed in some of the refereeing decisions that day.

PaulB

Legendary Member

Ne'er mind though, eh, you're still the Elephant Polo World Champions, aren't you?

pawl

Legendary Member

I’m not a great fan of football After all the controversy about fan’s behaviour Scottish fans can take a great deal of pride in the welcome and support they gave the Ukraine fans

Well done Scotland ,:notworthy::notworthy:;)

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Scotland should be applauded for their recent brave stand against tyranny.

This time, the brave Jocks have ceded their place in the finals to Ukraine (if they beat Wales) because of the war there - oh yeah, there's the Qatar boycott as well.
In 2018, in protest at Russian aggression against Ukraine, they boycotted the finals there.
In 2014, in protest at deforestation of the Amazon, they boycotted the finals in Brazil.
In 2010, uncomfortable with continued inequality in South Africa, those finals were boycotted.
In 2006, still angry about them bombing Shugie's Gran's chippy in Clydebank, they boycotted the finals in Germany.
In 2002, as part of a campaign for a peaceful resolution of the Dokdo Islands dispute, they boycotted the finals in Japan and Korea.

I know that there is widespread disapproval in Scotland of the unfair USMCA deal that replaced NAFTA. If this is not addressed in the next four years, they will boycott the US-Canada-Mexico finals in 2026.

I hope a decent country can host the 2030 World Cup so Scotland can attend. But let's applaud their strong moral stance over the last 20 years.

:laugh: Ahh yer funny! We can take a joke ( most of us can ) . We have had 20yrs to practice . :laugh: I’m well old enough to remember when we were regulars at these tournaments. The shame is the young today have no recollection.

Anyway look forward to the draw and see what shirts I need to buy :okay:

Top Bottom