The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Brandane

Legendary Member
Scotland should be applauded for their recent brave stand against tyranny.

This time, the brave Jocks have ceded their place in the finals to Ukraine (if they beat Wales) because of the war there - oh yeah, there's the Qatar boycott as well.
In 2018, in protest at Russian aggression against Ukraine, they boycotted the finals there.
In 2014, in protest at deforestation of the Amazon, they boycotted the finals in Brazil.
In 2010, uncomfortable with continued inequality in South Africa, those finals were boycotted.
In 2006, still angry about them bombing Shugie's Gran's chippy in Clydebank, they boycotted the finals in Germany.
In 2002, as part of a campaign for a peaceful resolution of the Dokdo Islands dispute, they boycotted the finals in Japan and Korea.

I know that there is widespread disapproval in Scotland of the unfair USMCA deal that replaced NAFTA. If this is not addressed in the next four years, they will boycott the US-Canada-Mexico finals in 2026.

I hope a decent country can host the 2030 World Cup so Scotland can attend. But let's applaud their strong moral stance over the last 20 years.

No mention of the amazing piece of foresight by England, in their boycotting of Argentina '78?
Obviously Germany 1974 was a spitting of the dummy just because it was Germany, innit?
Qualified as holders in 1970 following the spawny victory in 1966, when you qualified as hosts. So you lot didn't get through qualifying rounds for the world cup between 1962 and 1982.

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
No mention of the amazing piece of foresight by England, in their boycotting of Argentina '78?
Obviously Germany 1974 was a spitting of the dummy just because it was Germany, innit?
Qualified as holders in 1970 following the spawny victory in 1966, when you qualified as hosts. So you lot didn't get through qualifying rounds for the world cup between 1962 and 1982.

I don't know what this 'you' business is all about. International football is meaningless amateurism to me. I see it means a lot to you flag-shifters though. Hungary tomorrow for you, nem igaz?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Re England squad. Any thoughts on Jarrard (spelling ?). I keep reading about links to Lpool but I haven't seen anything to excite me.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Top Bottom