The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Wasn't Tommy Lawrence "The flying pig", or were there two of them?

Probably, Andy Goram Probably inherited the name much later but not because he came out fast and hard, but because he was small and dumpy but flew through the air like a cat and was arguably the best goalkeeper at Ibrox in my lifetime.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
He's one of those who goes beyond the usual Old Firm nonsense. The best goalkeeper I have ever seen with Hibs, Rangers, Motherwell and Scotland.

"Two Andy Gorams"

Slick

Guru
He talked about being knocked back as a boy by whoever was managing Leeds during the battle of Britain. Do you still think I'm too small, was his retort as he walked off the pitch at Elland Road, victorious? :becool:

Hornchurch

I see Mo Salah has signed a 3 year contract at £350K a week.
If they click that will be some forward line.

That kinda salary is just 'obscene'

Yeah, I'm aware of what he does, but put THAT into perspective with an N.H.S nurse.

Kicking a bladder around, as opposed to patching-up wounded & dying people.

Mo Salah was 'on fire' during his peak at Liverpool, but £350k , now ?

AndyRM

XOXO
Andy Goram, the flying pig, forever a legend at Ibrox sadly passed away today far too young. Simply The Best.

An absolute legend. He and Leighton (other than Killie goalkeepers) were the best I watched growing up.

Cancer of any kind is horrible, but oesophageal is particularly grim.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
That kinda salary is just 'obscene'

Yeah, I'm aware of what he does, but put THAT into perspective with an N.H.S nurse.

Kicking a bladder around, as opposed to patching-up wounded & dying people.

Mo Salah was 'on fire' during his peak at Liverpool, but £350k , now ?

He still at his peak….also Mo Salah gets paid by a company and not by the public purse like a nurse does….he also earns less than ronaldo, messi, halaand, debruyne, mbappe, neymar to mention just a few.

AndyRM

XOXO
Maybe if Salah had won as many trophies as the rest of those other guys (other than Halaand) he'd be able to command a higher salary?

Great player, no doubt, but not much to show for it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He talked about being knocked back as a boy by whoever was managing Leeds during the battle of Britain.
Without looking it up I'd say it was Howard Wilkinson. My 43 years a Leeds fan friend, still hasn't got over it.:rolleyes:

jowwy

Maybe if Salah had won as many trophies as the rest of those other guys (other than Halaand) he'd be able to command a higher salary?

Great player, no doubt, but not much to show for it.

Premier league, champions league, world club cup, european super cup, fa cup, caraboa cup, 4 golden boots, pfa and players player of the year, team of the year, european team of the year….is that not enough??? You dont earn more if you win more trophies, otherwise mbappe and neymar would be on pennies a week

AndyRM

XOXO
Premier league, champions league, world club cup, european super cup, fa cup, caraboa cup, 4 golden boots, pfa and players player of the year, team of the year, european team of the year….is that not enough??? You dont earn more if you win more trophies, otherwise mbappe and neymar would be on pennies a week

Seriously? Because Mbappe and Neymar have both won more than Salah. And the more trophies you win, the higher your profile, and the more you get paid.

jowwy

Seriously? Because Mbappe and Neymar have both won more than Salah. And the more trophies you win, the higher your profile, and the more you get paid.

whats mbappe won other than the french league and 1 world cup, to earn his 1m a week salary??.......how much has grealish won to earn his 300k a week then?? or hallaand for his 400k a week?? Martial 250k a week?? rashford 240k a week?? bruno fernandes 240k a week?? david de gea 375k a week?? jadon sancho 350k a week?? Lukaku 350k a week??

i could go on, but large salaries doesnt mean more trophies

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
whats mbappe won other than the french league and 1 world cup, to earn his 1m a week salary??.......how much has grealish won to earn his 300k a week then?? or hallaand for his 400k a week?? Martial 250k a week?? rashford 240k a week?? bruno fernandes 240k a week?? david de gea 375k a week?? jadon sancho 350k a week?? Lukaku 350k a week??

i could go on, but large salaries doesnt mean more trophies

You do surprise me.

Top Bottom