The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
To be fair, I reckon I could get a game for Scotland. We are pretty rubbish.

We had a good player back in the day, Gavin Hamilton. But he f*cked his career by switching allegiances to play one Test for England. It did not go well.

Yes, his form for Yorkshire that had led to his England call up somewhat faded after that too...

It certainly doesn't do Scotland (and Ireland) any favours that when someone is half decent at county level, one England call up then debars them for 3 or 4 years.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Nobody is getting upset, that I can see; you're the one who seems to be constantly on the defensive about Liverpool.

Post what you like.
F*ck it, I honestly can't be bothered. It's just tedious, as @Chislenko points out.

Salah is a great player, has won some stuff, but could probably have won more in his career to date. That's all.
not posted on here in 4mths....so that comment seems a bit odd really.

do you honestly speak like that all the time then?? you seem a bit upset to me.

but lets stick to football....would you like to discuss gareth bale, the old firm, kilmarnock, wales, man city, FFP, sleeve sponsors????? i mean thats a lot of views you have

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
not posted on here in 4mths....so that comment seems a bit odd really.

do you honestly speak like that all the time then?? you seem a bit upset to me.

but lets stick to football....would you like to discuss gareth bale, the old firm, kilmarnock, wales, man city, FFP, sleeve sponsors????? i mean thats a lot of views you have

Do I honestly speak how? Using profanity? Yes. I'm Scottish, comes with the territory for a lot of us.

Happy to discuss any of those, this is, after all the football thread.

Since you ask...

Gareth Bale - Very talented, suspect he will retire after the World Cup.

Old Firm - Dickish elements in their support, and it does my head in how Scottish football is set up in their favour.

Kilmarnock - Delighted with getting promoted at the first attempt. I was at the game against Arbroath and I have never seen Rugby Park rocking like that. I was there with my dad in the standing section with the young team and it was absolutely wild.

Wales - Good for them on getting to the World Cup.

Man City - Still baffled how they haven't won the Champions' League, but it'll happen one day.

FFP - Total b*llocks.

Sleeve sponsors - See above.

And yeah, sure, that's a lot of views. I like football, and I find it interesting. Why wouldn't I have a lot of views about it?

jowwy

Do I honestly speak how? Using profanity? Yes. I'm Scottish, comes with the territory for a lot of us.

Happy to discuss any of those, this is, after all the football thread.

Since you ask...

Gareth Bale - he's ok, but a welsh talisman

Old Firm - no one cares, its a shambles of a league

Kilmarnock - never heard of them, do they even play football

Wales - it is good for the country and may get further than england

Man City - Still baffled how they haven't won the Champions' League, because you cant buy the champions league

FFP - Total b*llocks, especially if your club is own by oil barrons with rich family members and you can make up sponsorship deals to suit

Sleeve sponsors - it adds to the coffers and is good for the smaller teams to get more money

And yeah, sure, that's a lot of views. I like football, and I find it interesting. Why wouldn't I have a lot of views about it? yet when people discuss/defend liverpool you dont like it

ftfy

jowwy

Wow. Just. Wow.

I've really tried to be reasonable on this thread and generally I think I have been. Why the belligerence?

If you're so short sighted about football that you can only see Liverpool, that's fine and up to you, but it seems a limited view to me.

No sense of humour obviously……

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
He still at his peak….also Mo Salah gets paid by a company and not by the public purse like a nurse does….he also earns less than ronaldo, messi, halaand, debruyne, mbappe, neymar to mention just a few.
My dad and the actor John Thaw to name but two died from it. According to reports, Andy Goram was offered chemotherapy to extend his life by 3 months, but he knew his time was soon up and rightly so declined the offer.

I concur horrible cancer to get. My Uncle died from it. Tee total , non smoker .

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I concur horrible cancer to get. My Uncle died from it. Tee total , non smoker .
That is bad 'luck' indeed! My dad stopped smoking his 2 cigarettes a day, 26 years before he died from it. He was also a moderate drinker (about 10 to 12 pints of mild beer a week). His oncologist put his terminal esophageal cancer down to smoking and drinking even though he hadn't smoked for 26 years. However he dismissed his 49 years working with/sewing MDF and breathing in diesel fumes during those 49 years as a coach/bus body builder.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
That is bad 'luck' indeed! My dad stopped smoking his 2 cigarettes a day, 26 years before he died from it. He was also a moderate drinker (about 10 to 12 pints of mild beer a week). His oncologist put his terminal esophageal cancer down to smoking and drinking even though he hadn't smoked for 26 years. However he dismissed his 49 years working with/sewing MDF and breathing in diesel fumes during those 49 years as a coach/bus body builder.

My Uncle worked in the pit ! I’m guessing that’s probably why it happened !

PaulSB

Legendary Member
does he have to lol

anyway the locals are getting upset, cause its only their thread an no one else can post on it. i now remember why i stopped posting......

As you've remembered why you stopped posting please think about it and stop posting once again. This thread has suddenly become unreadable again which coincides with your return.

Coincidence? I think not.

Chislenko

Veteran
In other football news in a pre season friendly Preston North End beat Bamber Bridge 3-0 with one of the Preston goals coming from Ben Woodburn.

Ben, recently released by Liverpool is the youngest player ever to score for Liverpool which I think makes him a better player than Mo Salah 🙂

Top Bottom