The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
In other football news in a pre season friendly Preston North End beat Bamber Bridge 3-0 with one of the Preston goals coming from Ben Woodburn.

Ben, recently released by Liverpool is the youngest player ever to score for Liverpool which I think makes him a better player than Mo Salah 🙂

Do you know if Freddie Woodman played? Rated him a lot when we had him on loan. Never really got a fair time of it at Newcastle I feel.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
As you've remembered why you stopped posting please think about it and stop posting once again. This thread has suddenly become unreadable again which coincides with your return.

Coincidence? I think not.

So we can no longer answer peoples posts on football……..sheesh, maybe we should shut the forum down and not answer cycle posts either.

funny how people think im the only ine that argues, but many threads have been shutdown by the admins during my hiatus and many people have left the site too…..maybe its because i wasnt here and they had no one else to blame but themselves for once. Pot, kettle, black springs to mind.

rather than asking people not to post and moaning about the poster. Maybe you could talk about the thread at hand, like i did……its called FOOTBALL and the last i heard Mo Salah and Liverpool play within that theatre of sport. If you dont want people to discuss football and only have the opinions of one person, maybe we should shut the sport part of the forum down and move thag like we did with naca…..

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
For someone who's been on 'hiatus' you certainly seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the forum and how it's being run.

Anyway, Eriksen to Man United is a bit of a sh*te move by him IMO. Brentford gave him his career back, I thought he'd have shown a bit of loyalty. I remember watching the game where he had his cardiac arrest. I texted people saying "I think I'm watching someone dying here." and it was such a weird thing to be doing during a game of football.

jowwy

For someone who's been on 'hiatus' you certainly seem to have a great deal of knowledge about the forum and how it's being run.

Anyway, Eriksen to Man United is a bit of a sh*te move by him IMO. Brentford gave him his career back, I thought he'd have shown a bit of loyalty. I remember watching the game where he had his cardiac arrest. I texted people saying "I think I'm watching someone dying here." and it was such a weird thing to be doing during a game of football.

hiatus from posting....doesnt mean i havent logged in a read threads and put likes on threads that i was following in various sections of the forum.

Now this i do agree with you on, poor move from him

AndyRM

XOXO
hiatus from posting....doesnt mean i havent logged in a read threads and put likes on threads that i was following in various sections of the forum.

Now this i do agree with you on, poor move from him

Good move on a free I guess, and Man Utd need a serious rebuild, though I'm not sure if he's the answer to their problems.

Chislenko

Veteran
Do you know if Freddie Woodman played? Rated him a lot when we had him on loan. Never really got a fair time of it at Newcastle I feel.

By the looks of it Preston changed the entire team at half time, Woodman played the first half and their other new keeper, Cornell, signed from Peterborough, played the second half.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

Writing as a City fan, best signing Man U have made for a decade or so IMO. Will improve their team immensely, actually not a prima donna, and willing to go there without chumps league. A class above anyone else they are likely to get.

jowwy

Good move on a free I guess, and Man Utd need a serious rebuild, though I'm not sure if he's the answer to their problems.

im guessing they have thrown a massive salary at him, to ensure he signs for them and knocks back brentford, but we will see what comes out in the press.

I mean Kalvin phillips signed for city yesterday, but no wages listed ( on bbc website ) and on the same day Jesus signed for arsenal with no salary listed ( on the bbc website ).......you have to wonder why that is, when they love to list the salaries of other signings in the premier league ( but i wont mention which ones lol )

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
....you have to wonder why that is, when they love to list the salaries of other signings in the premier league ( but i wont mention which ones lol )

It's because there's a conspiracy against Liverpool. I'm on the organising committee.

jowwy

It's because there's a conspiracy against Liverpool. I'm on the organising committee.

not just liverpool players....and you are aware that discussing liverpool is banned in the football section?? you can only discuss the football issues that everyone else might like, but not Liverpool and you must post the same opinion as everyone else, differences of opinion are not allowed either.

jowwy

Of course! The Committee orchestrated that too. We're omnipotent, dontcha know.

there may well be a committee, i dont know...but it does seem when people post about liverpool they get slated by certain members. even the ones that say they never cause arguments ( a joke in itself)

potsy

Rambler
Talking of the particular team from merseyside that is now unmentionable, we (Stockport) have just taken one of their young keepers on a season long loan deal.
Vit Jaros, supposed to be pretty decent?
Will make a good deputy for our current keeper anyway..

Talking of the particular team from merseyside that is now unmentionable, we (Stockport) have just taken one of their young keepers on a season long loan deal.
Vit Jaros, supposed to be pretty decent?
Will make a good deputy for our current keeper anyway..

Friendly kick off against Bolton coming up! It's going to be a Strawberry radio afternoon (I hope) at work today.

Top Bottom