The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
UNITED fans have been using the charity shield as a way of pointing out they have won more trophies than liverpool in english football...so yeh they obviously do and PEP always says when they win it, its the 1st trophy in the cabinet for the season

so whats good for the goose

The charity shield is a friendly.

Nobody cares about it.

Chislenko

Veteran
I'm not sure it goes anywhere specifically. I think the money just gets shared around.

Just found this on the Daily Metro.

"Winning the match doesn’t include any progression to other tournaments and the prize money for the two clubs isn’t as higher as other tournaments, with the main focus being on raising money for charities and other football teams.

The funds are raised mostly through ticket and match programme sales, as well as through sponsorship’s and TV deals.

The money is then given to teams in the lower leagues of British football, as well as to various charities, with each team competing in the first round of the FA Cup receiving £5,000 to go towards projects in their communities."

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You're right. I don't care about it.

Nobody does.

It's a pre-season friendly for England.

No its not for england….its for the FA and 40,000 fans at the king power did care and all the charities up and down the country that gain from it.

Pep cared about it too and stated many times, he likes winning the first trophy of the season, but now liverpool have won it, its back to a pre-season friendly again.

you have no skin in the english game, so if you want to argue, go somewhere else and do it….maybe kilmarnock.

Slick

Guru
Yeah Andy, away and play at your own bit. :laugh::laugh:

Chislenko

Veteran
Meanwhile in more important football news CPD Y Rhyl 1879 progressed to the next round of the Welsh Cup with a last minute winner against Abergele.

A far cry from our heady days in European Competitions but as in any football club nowadays without a rich backer you are knackered!!

AndyRM

XOXO
No its not for england….its for the FA and 40,000 fans at the king power did care and all the charities up and down the country that gain from it.

Pep cared about it too and stated many times, he likes winning the first trophy of the season, but now liverpool have won it, its back to a pre-season friendly again.

you have no skin in the english game, so if you want to argue, go somewhere else and do it….maybe kilmarnock.

I have no qualms about charities gaining from the match.

But it's a friendly. Nobody actually gives a f*ck about winning it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I have no qualms about charities gaining from the match.

But it's a friendly. Nobody actually gives a f*ck about winning it.

Says you…….typical. He cared

1659385689340.jpeg

Top Bottom