The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
What about Leicester City putting an eighty million pound tag on a 23 year old defender
OK Vardy is perhaps coming towards the end of his career but has remained loyal to the Foxes.

Equally ridiculous. Someone, Chelsea going off reports, will pay it though. At least he has resale value I suppose? Casemiro will probably get ripped to bits in the EPL, then trundle off to the MLS, A League or CSL where he can hop about a bit for 20 minutes a game before relaxing on the sidelines

AndyRM

XOXO
Still, I suppose it's not the most mad thing Man U have done in recent years. Steal Pogba from Le Havre by bribing him, let him go on a free to Juve then buy him back for £90 million, before letting him go back on a free.

Whoever thought that any of that was a good must have been on a psychotropic substance at the time.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
1661000302262.png

R_nger

Guru
Not sure what you are on about.

The ball was in play and Cucarella was pulled to the ground.

If the foul had been given Chelsea would have had a free kick and Spurs would not have scored.

I agree re Riley - he needs to go.

Hands up, I was mistaken - I thought the corner had not been taken.

However, these things affect all teams - I clearly remember Chelsea beating Spurs with a goal that did not cross the line and an offside goal. I don’t remember a public apology from the officials on that occasion.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pompey won 3-1 (and it was 4-1 on Tuesday). After two draws at the beginning of the season, they've won every match since, including knocking Cardiff out of the League Cup, 3-0 away. Now third in the league, two points off top. It won't last, though I hope it does…

AndyRM

XOXO

Similar story at Gateshead, which is also an athletics stadium. Absolutely bonkers.

AndyRM

XOXO
Thing is, the ball's 10 yards away when the "tackle" goes in. It's just assault. Is this something the SFA can investigate?

I'd like to think they will review it and upgrade it to a red, but it's the SFA, so who knows? Obviously I think it should be upgraded, not that it helps us any with the result, but I agree, it's nothing short of thuggery. They've always been a dirty team.

Chislenko

Veteran
[/QUOTE]
I'd like to think they will review it and upgrade it to a red, but it's the SFA, so who knows? Obviously I think it should be upgraded, not that it helps us any with the result,

Yes, it's a strange one retrospective decision changes and the result of the game as you say.

AFC Wimbledon were drawing 2-2 the other night, had a man sent off and lost 5-2.

The red card has subsequently been overturned but on the face of it looks to have had a massive bearing on the result.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes, it's a strange one retrospective decision changes and the result of the game as you say.

AFC Wimbledon were drawing 2-2 the other night, had a man sent off and lost 5-2.

The red card has subsequently been overturned but on the face of it looks to have had a massive bearing on the result.

I think referees need to come out and explain decisions they've made, particularly contentious ones.

Top Bottom