The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Ah bless, anyone got any big shoes?

Maguire and Ronaldo both dropped and Man U finally win and apparently looked pretty good value for it. Interesting times and probably now buys ten Hag a bit of time.

Big decision to drop them but the right one it looks for last night . If they continue to do better without it proves what a lot of fans have been saying for a long time !

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm never quiet......bad day at the office, but some times it better to give to charity, than keep it all for yourelf

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Big decision to drop them but the right one it looks for last night . If they continue to do better without it proves what a lot of fans have been saying for a long time !

I agree, old slab head has looked off the pace when I've watched England games for a while now.

Ronaldo is still quality, but you have to gear the attack around him, so dropping him improves the team. I imagine he's also a divisive character in the dressing room.

still my favourite Boro vs Man u moment

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFrygNp1ogA

Ok maybe the day Mendieta tore them apart was better

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW7txBEnUbg

AndyRM

XOXO
That was just ridiculous, how a ref can see that and think "ah a yellow will do"?

He eventually got sent off for a second yellow whilst still 0-0, but had he gone sooner (no idea when original incident was but report suggest significantly earlier) then result could well have been different.

It was in the first half. They were lucky to finish with 10 men on the park, it could easily have been 9.

Liverpool losing last night was funny. Haven't won a game yet this season. Shaky peg for Klippity?

jowwy

It was in the first half. They were lucky to finish with 10 men on the park, it could easily have been 9.

Liverpool losing last night was funny. Haven't won a game yet this season. Shaky peg for Klippity?

only team to win a trophy this season...:okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It's better to be gracious in defeat if the other team played better than yours.

Leeds beat us fair and square at the weekend and Man Utd were the better team last night.

But... both Tuchel & Klopp thought their teams played better and deserved the win.

Shortsightedness or pride? Take your pick. 🤔

jowwy

It's better to be gracious in defeat if the other team played better than yours.

Leeds beat us fair and square at the weekend and Man Utd were the better team last night.

But... both Tuchel & Klopp thought their teams played better and deserved the win.

Shortsightedness or pride? Take your pick. 🤔

played better is subjective though...i mean we had 70% possession, more shots on goal and more shots on target, but they won 2-1. It was only the first 20mins were they ran around us a bit, after that we controlled large parts of the game, but just wasnt good enough in the vital 3rd

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I was relying on Liverpool to give Man U a good thumping last night. They blew it so now we're the only team without a point to our name, in fact not even a bloody goal :angry::angry::angry:

Never fear, your playing us on Sunday. With the current form of Aston Villa under the brilliant leadership of Slippy G, the Hammers will probably beat us 3-0 :cry:

R_nger

Guru
played better is subjective though...i mean we had 70% possession, more shots on goal and more shots on target, but they won 2-1. It was only the first 20mins were they ran around us a bit, after that we controlled large parts of the game, but just wasnt good enough in the vital 3rd

Funny old game - check out the stats for the 2018 champions league final and you’ll see an even greater “dominance” by the losing team. And Liverpool won. I ignore the stats for a bunch of reasons, and feel that the better team won in both of these games.

jowwy

Funny old game - check out the stats for the 2018 champions league final and you’ll see an even greater “dominance” by the losing team. And Liverpool won. I ignore the stats for a bunch of reasons, and feel that the better team won in both of these games.

that was Liverpool V Real Madrid right.......Madrid won that game https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_UEFA_Champions_League_Final

1661261511373.png

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Missing Mane? In last third. Top player.

I did watch the match and agree re last third but also midfield didn't seem to get a grip of the game.

Tbh as a neutral I thought MUFC deserved the win. LFC looked a pale imitation of last years performance.

postman

Legendary Member
I like Mane more of a team player,aware of others around him with better scoring positions.Now a certain defender who was on the bench.I had no idea he came after the City title win at seventeen million.Season later City finished 12th.What United saw and paid eighty million for I have no idea.But last night two replacements did their job,I never thought United would turn Liverpool over.

Top Bottom