The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I wonder if the Spurs keeper is going to get years of stick like our Gary did.Under his body like the Leeds Cup Final goal.I only watched until half time,then i did some housework,i still cant get why keepers dont grab the ball when making a save parry parry and parry again sheet in my opinion,but i am from the ice age.I saw the second half goals on the roundup.

AndyRM

XOXO
Loads of goals in Scotland's top flight this afternoon, which is always fun to see. Less fun when your side are on the receiving end of a 4 - 1 shellacking... It's early doors, but we're already in danger of being cut adrift with Dundee Utd and Ross County in a battle for the bottom two spots.

Slick

Guru
Potentially tricky for Rangers today against a tough Hearts team at home, but proved simple enough in the end but 2nd half performance dropped again. Take the3 points and prepare for the onslaught on Tuesday. Hopefully Gio has a plan, although I'm sure it will involve parking several buses.

AndyRM

XOXO
Potentially tricky for Rangers today against a tough Hearts team at home, but proved simple enough in the end but 2nd half performance dropped again. Take the3 points and prepare for the onslaught on Tuesday. Hopefully Gio has a plan, although I'm sure it will involve parking several buses.

Youse will be fine if TAA plays. He seems to have turned into a donkey.

I read a comment on the Beeb match feed speculating that Salah's salary has caused a bit of division. Whether or not that's true I have no idea, but it's certainly the case that players can get put out of shape if they don't feel they're being fairly remunerated compared to others.

A very tough thing to keep players on side and finances in check, I don't envy FSG!

Slick

Guru
Youse will be fine if TAA plays. He seems to have turned into a donkey.

I read a comment on the Beeb match feed speculating that Salah's salary has caused a bit of division. Whether or not that's true I have no idea, but it's certainly the case that players can get put out of shape if they don't feel they're being fairly remunerated compared to others.

A very tough thing to keep players on side and finances in check, I don't envy FSG!

That's very true, but some of it could be levelled at one or two of our Primma Donna's, especially after our stuttering start to the season. That said, I've never minded taking second place, as long as the other guy knew he was in a fight. :okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
Having a quick flick through the EPL news this evening, I hadn't realised just how bad things were for Leicester. Absolutely massive game for them against Forest on Monday, which if they don't get something from surely means the end of Brendan.

Stephenite

Membå
Has anyone here seen the tv show Welcome to Wrexham? And is it worth watching?

The gf/partner, not being much of a football fan, surprised me tonight by suggesting it could be one of 'our' shows.

vickster

Legendary Member
Has anyone here seen the tv show Welcome to Wrexham? And is it worth watching?

The gf/partner, not being much of a football fan, surprised me tonight by suggesting it could be one of 'our' shows.

I’m guessing more for Ryan Reynolds than the football angle ;)
Not seen it though

Chislenko

Veteran
Not seen it though

It's certainly put Wrecsam on the map in the USA, reading a story in the local paper the other day the club are now selling more merchandise to the States than locally.

Every game is sold out, they desperately need to rebuild the Kop and quickly, stick another 5k on the gate.

NB. The Cae Ras (Racecourse Ground) has only had three operational sides for about 15 years now.

https://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/22313933.americas-team-wrexham-merchandise-in-demand-across-pond/

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
Not seen it though

I had my suspicions.

We have often watched the recent Jumanji films and she follows Dwayne Johnson on Twitter. I once asked her, in front of the kids, if he asked her out on a date what would she say? Yes, was her answer.

I’m in good company, I suppose.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I read about this absolute disaster in Indonesia this morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63105945

Without wanting to take away from the tragedy of the event, I find it frustrating that the first thing the police chief does is blame the fans. Perhaps if, as it seems from the report, they hadn't gone in mob handed then this could have been avoided.

Stupid using tear gas in a stadium too. ☹️

AndyRM

XOXO
Man Utd getting absolutely demolished by Man City here. Brightly though Arsenal have started, I wonder if they can keep pace with Man City for the season? Be interesting to see if Spurs can stay up there too. Early doors, but very much looking between those three just now, although much may depend on injuries to players at the World Cup.

Top Bottom