The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Although, watching Scotland manage another victory is always welcome.

Avoiding defeat against Ukraine I think means we win the group.

Which as any Scotsman knows, all but guarantees a 3 nil drubbing. :eek:

Three wins on the bounce. We'll be promoted with a point in Krakow, but I hope we go there to win. We should be full of confidence, from tonight in particular, though Tierney and Hickey limping off is a concern, and McTominay was a fool to get himself booked thus suspended.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No MOTD again because of another 'international break'! Even Accy Stanley's League 1 was affected by this farce!!!🧐

Chislenko

Veteran
Why? For me it's a meaningless tournament which replaced meaningless friendlies. I'd much rather we didn't have the league season broken up with international fixtures, especially those which don't have much relevance other than filling UEFA's coffers.

I have already explained the relevance of the tournament but it appears some people either can't or don't want to understand it.

I'll leave you in peace, my head is hurting from banging it against this brick wall!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I have already explained the relevance of the tournament but it appears some people either can't or don't want to understand it.

I'll leave you in peace, my head is hurting from banging it against this brick wall!

Or some people prefer club football to yet another international tournament that disrupts the season even further. It's the international equivalent of the Texaco Cup.

PaulB

Legendary Member
these are meaningless friendlies for them, so why not experiment with the side?
As are ALL internationals. Our best players only do it for their profiles as it helps in salary negotiations and image rights (computer games mainly).

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
In many ways internationals are an outdated concept. In the days when football was rarely shown on TV they were a fascinating way to appreciate the widely different styles of play between nations and continents, and to see the skills of players we had only ever read about in the press or magazines.

With wall to wall coverage being the norm now and players being able to play for clubs in any country they chose (It isn't unusual for a Premier club to field a starting eleven of internationals without a single British player included) the international game has lost it's appeal. I think I'm one of very many fans who roll their eyes up at the news of yet another international break disrupting the calendar, and even the World Cup and Euros don't seem worth the bother of the preceeding years of endless qualifiers against countries you couldn't even find on the map.

PaulB

Legendary Member
In many ways internationals are an outdated concept. In the days when football was rarely shown on TV they were a fascinating way to appreciate the widely different styles of play between nations and continents, and to see the skills of players we had only ever read about in the press or magazines.

With wall to wall coverage being the norm now and players being able to play for clubs in any country they chose (It isn't unusual for a Premier club to field a starting eleven of internationals without a single British player included) the international game has lost it's appeal. I think I'm one of very many fans who roll their eyes up at the news of yet another international break disrupting the calendar, and even the World Cup and Euros don't seem worth the bother of the preceeding years of endless qualifiers against countries you couldn't even find on the map.

Same for me. I don't watch them at all anymore. I serpently won't be watching any of the world cup and not because of where it's being played. My only concern will be that Liverpool's players don't get injured and denied the rest of the off-season to recuperate. Oh, and we heard you the first time😁

Chislenko

Veteran
@Smokin Joe , @PaulB

Obviously that is your choice and in a "free world" a choice you are able to make.

I am the opposite, I very rarely watch club football now but watch every Wales international. That is my choice.

The attendances at international football will tell you that there is a big appetite for it. I would imagine the CCS will be pretty much sold out tonight for what some people on here are terming a "meaningless friendly"

So the games may not mean much to you but they do to a lot of fans.

I feel sure there will be well in excess of 50 opportunities a season to watch a premier league side, only a handful of opportunities to watch your country.

Not every fan's world revolves around the premier league.

Top Bottom