The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Poetic justice after the expected vile chants and banners by the xx( mob!

Aye, because Rangers are known for their kind and delicate sensibilities when it comes to chants and banners.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Interested to find out what SMiSA is about. I've read the SMiSA website and the last AGM report. I'd like to read the accounts does anyone have a link for this info?

I think there's a St Mirren fan in here but I'm not certain. Interested because I've previous involvement with a Supporters Trust and its good to read of an apparently successful one.

Is the stadium an ACV?

Brandane

Legendary Member
A rather spiffing result at the SMISA stadium. :okay:

Can't help feeling that our recently departed HM Queen Elizabeth might have been lending a helping hand from above, having seen and heard the recent offensive banners and chants. Let's hope she keeps it up for the rest of the season and beyond :smile:.
Scotland's shame have shown their true colours since the death of HM Queen Elizabeth. Disgusting and unforgiveable behaviour IMHO.. A fine for the club will have little impact. A few home games behind closed doors might.

Slick

Guru
Interested to find out what SMiSA is about. I've read the SMiSA website and the last AGM report. I'd like to read the accounts does anyone have a link for this info?

I think there's a St Mirren fan in here but I'm not certain. Interested because I've previous involvement with a Supporters Trust and its good to read of an apparently successful one.

Is the stadium an ACV?

I passed the stadium the other day, and wondered why it was renamed that when the pundits refer to it as St Mirren Park, something I've never heard of before, but obviously that was because they moved from Love Street.

I'm not a St Mirren fan by any manner of means, but I know a couple and will find out for you.

Slick

Guru

Is the stadium an ACV?

Well, don't ask a question unless you're prepared for the answer, but it seems I'm only interested in St Mirren now because I'm a dirty orange bastardo, as I've known these guys for years and never asked a single question about their team before.:laugh:

That aside, its apparently unique in European terms and working for them, although I believe there were still less than 7k at the game yesterday, which is a shame, as its a nice looking stadium.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ters-become-majority-shareholders-of-the-club

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It takes time. I think St Johnstone looked into it once and discovered some of their fans stayed away when Celtic and Rangers* come to play because of the baggage both sides bring with them.

St Mirren also have to live down the shame of this -

1663610580659.png

Slick

Guru
It takes time. I think St Johnstone looked into it once and discovered some of their fans stayed away when Celtic and Rangers* come to play because of the baggage both sides bring with them.

St Mirren also have to live down the shame of this -

View attachment 661667

Some of their fans only turn up when Rangers or Celtic come to town. I don't even need to Google the numbers to know that, as I've watched too many of those games from the old slip road of the A9. :okay:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Some of their fans only turn up when Rangers or Celtic come to town. I don't even need to Google the numbers to know that, as I've watched too many of those games from the old slip road of the A9. :okay:

That's probably true too, though how many are local Celtic/Rangers* fans in the home end? We get them at Falkirk and it's hilarious seeing their wee faces when they get pumped surrounded by Bairns.

OK, doesn't happen often right enough ...:sad:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Well, don't ask a question unless you're prepared for the answer, but it seems I'm only interested in St Mirren now because I'm a dirty orange bastardo, as I've known these guys for years and never asked a single question about their team before.:laugh:

That aside, its apparently unique in European terms and working for them, although I believe there were still less than 7k at the game yesterday, which is a shame, as its a nice looking stadium.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ters-become-majority-shareholders-of-the-club

Thank you. I've learned more the link than I'd previously found. I still haven't found information on the club operating finances which I thought should legally be reported to the AGM. Possibly it's different with this type of ownership structure.

Top Bottom