The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Thank you. I've learned more the link than I'd previously found. I still haven't found information on the club operating finances which I thought should legally be reported to the AGM. Possibly it's different with this type of ownership structure.
It may be that its just too early for that information to be available given that they only just formed last year.

To be honest i only watched the last ten minutes of the England game live but i have recorded the highlights :laugh:
From what i saw it was the same old boring stuff.Slow build up letting the opposition get back in defence and when they eventually got it in italy's penalty area....nothing!
Southgate...."Step in the right direction":rolleyes:
Rice...."When we're on the training ground we score goals for fun":rolleyes:

Chislenko

Veteran
This is worth a watch - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001bgt9

As for England, sacking Southgate? A guy who got them to a WC Semi Final and the Euro Final? Arguably their best record at recent tournaments.

They've already qualified for the WC, these are meaningless friendlies for them, so why not experiment with the side?

They aren't meaningless friendlies as relegation to Nations B means they will not be a top seed for the next Euros qualification process.

In other words they may not get loads of qualification games against San Marino etc and may face some tougher opposition to qualify.

Personally as a Welshman I couldn't give a monkeys, but I just wish people would stop under playing the importance of the Nations League.

As a Scotsman Andy you should realise the importance of beating ROI later and getting into group A. It should give you an easier path to the next Euros.

AndyRM

XOXO
They aren't meaningless friendlies as relegation to Nations B means they will not be a top seed for the next Euros qualification process.

In other words they may not get loads of qualification games against San Marino etc and may face some tougher opposition to qualify.

Personally as a Welshman I couldn't give a monkeys, but I just wish people would stop under playing the importance of the Nations League.

As a Scotsman Andy you should realise the importance of beating ROI later and getting into group A. It should give you an easier path to the next Euros.

I get the importance of it for sides like Scotland. I just don't see the point in another convoluted qualification process, which takes time out of an already packed league schedule.

Chislenko

Veteran
I get the importance of it for sides like Scotland. I just don't see the point in another convoluted qualification process, which takes time out of an already packed league schedule.

I give up.

It's like a battle of wits with people who have come unarmed!

tenor.gif

Slick

Guru
Although, watching Scotland manage another victory is always welcome.

Avoiding defeat against Ukraine I think means we win the group.

Which as any Scotsman knows, all but guarantees a 3 nil drubbing. :eek:

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Why? For me it's a meaningless tournament which replaced meaningless friendlies. I'd much rather we didn't have the league season broken up with international fixtures, especially those which don't have much relevance other than filling UEFA's coffers.

Top Bottom