The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Why should football be treating it any different to any other sport that did the same???

And why shouldn't they? As has been said, it was up to the sports concerned and as yesterday was the first full day of mourning it was appropriate that sports scheduled for then decided to postpone but after that life has to go on, the bills won't disappear because the queen has died.

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe if football matches could be held without a large police presence and simply stewards and stadium security like other sport, the decision would have been different…but unfortunately that can never happen it seems.
Even my local league 2 club game is policed by the Met

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
And why shouldn't they? As has been said, it was up to the sports concerned and as yesterday was the first full day of mourning it was appropriate that sports scheduled for then decided to postpone but after that life has to go on, the bills won't disappear because the queen has died.

So why did the tour of britain cancel the last 3 stages??? why has all horse racing been stopped until sunday??? why has the great north run cancelled some events????

The Premier league and EFL decided to pay their respects by cancelling this weekends round of games, i love my football, but i understand and respect their decision. Its a shame others cant do the same, for just 1 weekend.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
So why did the tour of britain cancel the last 3 stages??? why has all horse racing been stopped until sunday??? why has the great north run cancelled some events????

The Premier league and EFL decided to pay their respects by cancelling this weekends round of games, i love my football, but i understand and respect their decision. Its a shame others cant do the same, for just 1 weekend.

Police being moved elsewhere . Simple’s and also footballs supporters (
Minority ) being a bunch of Fanny’s

AndyRM

XOXO
At least managers will have a new excuse due to the interruption, usually forgetting the team played rubbish beforehand.

Aye, but cue them moaning about a 'packed fixture schedule'. It already was with the World Cup coming up, but adding to that by postponing a weekend out of 'respect' is only going to make things worse.

Why ?
What sad pleasure would that give you.

How did United get on last night in the European Farmers League Division 2???
Same pleasure as this fella gets I suppose?

Chislenko

Veteran
You will have to excuse my ignorance here not being a supporter of a "top club" but Liverpool v Ajax is still showing as going ahead tomorrow night.

How is that, police presence, supporter numbers, different than Liverpool playing Crystal Palace in the league?

I don't get it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You will have to excuse my ignorance here not being a supporter of a "top club" but Liverpool v Ajax is still showing as going ahead tomorrow night.

How is that, police presence, supporter numbers, different than Liverpool playing Crystal Palace in the league?

I don't get it.

Liverpool are playing chelsea in the league not crystal palace and it was to be played in london…..police numbers down there are a tad stretched at the moment. Where as liverpool v ajax is at anfield

PaulB

Legendary Member

I don't get it.

Liverpool weren't playing Crystal Palace but Chelsea and the game was to be played in London and as the police had other things to do down there, this game was a non-starter. Liverpool are playing Vim....sorry, Ajax tonight and that game is being played at Anfield so no police problems there.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
At least the championship is back up and running tonight and tmr.

I do think it was a bit daft cancelling kids / recreational football over the weekend.

Cricket got it right, no play on the friday, mark of respect ahead of saturday's play.

Incidentally the hockey powers that be also said no need to suspend any activities

AndyRM

XOXO
I see Newcastle have signed Karius on a deal until January as they only have one 'keeper, with Darlow breaking his ankle in training.

Good bit of business I reckon, proven in the Premier League, although I do think it's a bit daft there's some clause in Dubravka's loan meaning he can't be recalled until January at the earliest.

Top Bottom