The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Footie off.

Ridiculous.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The penalty was a joke and maybe some of the Utd players weren't 100% focused, given the earlier sad news. I guess it was too late to cancel the game but I wish they had.

How many players were english last night and would the foreign contingent care?? but you need some sort of excuse i suppose

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Your like a dog with a bone lol :laugh: . Probably a good job the games are cancelled this week. I think some of the so called top sides need a reset!

No point making a post saying no excuses, while actually making excuses……….

but it may not just be this week. Funeral is Monday 19th, do you think london will be open on the weekend for people to travel around for football, rugby etc etc???? I mean from what up I have read its a 4 day procession for the queens coffin, before Mondays funeral

How is stopping football for one, potentially two weekends a 'mark of respect'?

I don't see it myself. A minutes' silence, or applause, black armbands etc would be a much more positive/open way of marking her passing.

You could have a minutes' silence at the start of the match, then the applause on the 70th minute.

I just don't know. I guess it's how we all feel. And I'm gutted.

Slick

Guru
How is stopping football for one, potentially two weekends a 'mark of respect'?

I don't see it myself. A minutes' silence, or applause, black armbands etc would be a much more positive/open way of marking her passing.

You could have a minutes' silence at the start of the match, then the applause on the 70th minute.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....aksehir-game-cut-short-by-referee-3837081?amp

I'm not convinced every team would risk asking their fans to respect a minutes silence, or any other mark of respect.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Disappointed to find our local derby at Wigan is postponed, potentially I won't get to the match now, neither will my lad, as we're in California for a month in October/November.

I don't agree with cancelling football or other sporting fixtures unless policing demands prevent events going ahead. I won't turn this in to a debate and will say no more.

I see somethings haven't changed in here. Disappointing.

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

PaulSB

Legendary Member
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....aksehir-game-cut-short-by-referee-3837081?amp

I'm not convinced every team would risk asking their fans to respect a minutes silence, or any other mark of respect.

Thing is it happens on some occasions. My experience is in general the vast majority respect these things but from time to time a few knuckleheads don't.

I must say I don't agree with the numerous minutes of silence we have at football matches. I often have to ask my neighbour what it's for? He usually doesn't know either. I rather object to being forced to take part in something which I have no knowledge of........still I only have to give a minute to someone else which is a very tiny thing to ask.

Top Bottom