The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
Klippity has done his usual and burned out his team.

As for "lightweight" football in Scotland, that really isn't the case. But there's no point in discussing it because fans of English teams are instantly dismissive.

Best supported league , per head of population, in Europe, so it can't be all bad.
Certainly more attractive than most of the Sky Sports EPL borefest.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Do we get to talk about the match at Wembley? The one which sold out the hardest ever?

Who's stopping you?

AndyRM

XOXO
Results in the SPFL went quite well for Killie, could have done without Ross County snatching a winner against Livingston, but still a result against Hearts tomorrow and we're out of the bottom two. They didn't look great against Fiorentina, and have pretty much run out of defenders so should be there for the taking.

South of the border, surely Rodgers has to go now? Still baffled that he let Schmeichel leave. A weird decision, and I'd be very nervous as a defender with Ward in goal, doesn't seem in command of his area at all.

Slick

Guru
Results in the SPFL went quite well for Killie, could have done without Ross County snatching a winner against Livingston, but still a result against Hearts tomorrow and we're out of the bottom two. They didn't look great against Fiorentina, and have pretty much run out of defenders so should be there for the taking.

South of the border, surely Rodgers has to go now? Still baffled that he let Schmeichel leave. A weird decision, and I'd be very nervous as a defender with Ward in goal, doesn't seem in command of his area at all.

Well, I could have done with St Johnstone hanging on for 2 minutes.

Despite Hearts poor form, it won't be easy tomorrow but certainly has the makings of a good contest.

AndyRM

XOXO
Well, I could have done with St Johnstone hanging on for 2 minutes.

Despite Hearts poor form, it won't be easy tomorrow but certainly has the makings of a good contest.

Outside the Old Firm, it really does seem like anyone can beat anyone right now. Hibs have put a decent run together, but everyone else is all over the place!

Chislenko

Veteran
The draw for Euro 2024 qualifying has been made today.

Maybe the Nation's League isn't meaningless after all!

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, we might need that Nations League playoff I guess. We shouldn't, I used to really like the Euros for being a simple, short, sharp tournament, but UEFA have knackered it.

Norn Iron and Wales get the easiest draws, despite being in the lowest pots.

Other than Italy, England should have nothing to worry about.

Can't see ROI getting out of their group.

Slick

Guru
Yeah, we might need that Nations League playoff I guess. We shouldn't, I used to really like the Euros for being a simple, short, sharp tournament, but UEFA have knackered it.

Norn Iron and Wales get the easiest draws, despite being in the lowest pots.

Other than Italy, England should have nothing to worry about.

Can't see ROI getting out of their group.

Probably the ever optimist but I think we have a chance.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ScotlandNT/status/1579062455325450241?s=20&t=1zGtgR_ZTaEPGRnFGXdnBw

Slick

Guru
Yeah, got myself confused there.

I hope all the home nations do well. Wonder if the pundits will be calling on England to forfeit their games with Ukraine like they did with Scotland. I doubt it somehow...

In fact, search Scotland 78: A Love Story on the I Player, I'm watching it now half laughing and half crying.

Top Bottom