The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Poor result for wales......but was good for them to qualify as the 2nd smallest country there and with only a semi-professional/professional football league

1669378017699.png

jowwy

I did not know that.

Well done the fans - I'm just catching-up on the radio. Iran fans welcomed in the "Welsh" stand, and the welsh fans stood to applaud Iran on their lap of honour. Lovely to see. International sport as it should be. (as long as ENG beat USA later :P )

View attachment 669090

Qatar is the smallest i believe, but they didnt have to qualify, so really we are the smallest qualifying nation really........

Professional footballers are playing to win, and will bend the rules however they can. Calling out one player as a cheat is weird IMO. They're all at it.

That's two many wrongs making a right - no?

But you're right in that many players do it. Some more than others of course (and to be fair, CR7 was not IMO blame-worthy this time - there was contact; down to the officials to determine if/when the defender played the ball.)

Qatar is the smallest i believe, but they didnt have to qualify, so really we are the smallest qualifying nation really........

Feel for the lads .... we know they can play better as well which is frustrating. Did the big stage get to them? Just didn't look composed to me?

jowwy

Feel for the lads .... we know they can play better as well which is frustrating. Did the big stage get to them? Just didn't look composed to me?

big players shrunk under the pressure....bale, ramsey, davies, henessey, james premier league players, just werent good enough

big players shrunk under the pressure....bale, ramsey, davies, henessey, james premier league players, just werent good enough

Mountain to climb v England now .... 1984 was a long time ago.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yeah him and Ramsey way off normal quality, those recent draws against Belgium etc. they looked a different team.

Yes and way off recent Euro's performances. Disappointing to see as I thought both British teams would get thru this group.

Wales need a lot of results to go their way, not just beating England. They also either need US to beat both England and Iran or England to beat US by about 3 goals and US just beat Iran by the odd goal. i.e. goal difference will come into it whatever for Wales, and if England & Iran both beat US then they are doomed whatever.

I think they are going home....

Chislenko

Veteran
No arguments from me, Iran the better team, also showing the benefit of an experienced coach.

I expect a few international retirements after the tournament.

Top Bottom