The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1669390375802.png

Not good and he did get clobbered a lot in that game, but what protection do those boots give him? I'm not suggesting we return to Stanley Matthews style heavy boots, but it those are no more that a sock with a bit of plastic coating and a sole on them. They offer no support or protection to the ankle at all.

Wales have never said its coming home…..

It's coming home, just the other side of Offas Dyke :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
Saving themselves for sending England home next week, after USA beat them tonight! :thumbsup:.

I admire your optimism. Bale is finished, Allen and Ramsey are broken and Hennessy is suspended. And England actually look fairly handy.

I do hope the US win tonight. And that they have Megan Rapinoe doing some kind of punditry, great player and an absolute legend.

Yeah him and Ramsey way off normal quality, those recent draws against Belgium etc. they looked a different team.

Their lack of serious competitive games recently certainly showed today. It's one thing to take it easy to conserve yourself for the Finals, but there is no substitute, at top level tournaments, for regular competitive games. It was always a sign of desperation that so much fuss was made of Joe Allen being in the squad.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I am. Nothing against England, I've lived here most of my adult life but it does my head in the way the football is covered here. And the derision with which the Scottish game is treated in particular.

I did live in California for a while so I've got a natural affinity with the US.

Is that because scottish football is rubbish, as this years results in the champions league would prove. Also why would the english media big up the scottish league, isnt that for the scottish to do. Is it no surprise to you that the english media do that to another countries football teams.

and a natural affinity to the US because you lived in california for a while, i mean come on. Which country have you lived in the longest???? England…….

Chislenko

Veteran
Is that because scottish football is rubbish, as this years results in the champions league would prove. Also why would the english media big up the scottish league, isnt that for the scottish to do. Is it no surprise to you that the english media do that to another countries football teams.

and a natural affinity to the US because you lived in california for a while, i mean come on. Which country have you lived in the longest???? England…….

When the next Nations League comes around the only home nation at the top table will be Scotland.

Top Bottom