The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Your first post was about current pitch dimensions, when someone was quoting removing lines….

then your 2nd post went off in a tangent about no lines at all back in the day…….then you went back to current dimensions again, none of your posts were at all coherant.
Pitch dimensions are the same now as when they were first drawn up. The only real difference is FIFA use metric measurements, not imperial.

Easy enough follow.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Only 5 unbeaten teams after the group games.
Group A. Netherlands.
Group B. England & U.S.A.
Group F. Morocco & Croatia.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Pitch dimensions are the same now as when they were first drawn up. The only real difference is FIFA use metric measurements, not imperial.

Easy enough follow.

But as i said…….it wasnt coherant with what others were posting, but i give up with you.

jowwy

Is there any reason why you are always so aggressive?

Your signature means you should be staying away from everyone, because the aggressive way you respond makes it look to most as though you are arguing with almost every post.

Nothing agressive in the above……one could deem your post towards @PaulSB to be aggressive just because he doesnt agree with others opinions. But its ok for you to question him, but no one else is allowed…..if you dont like my posts, just ignore me, many others do and many many others dont.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Ridiculous. The ball is out. Any fan can see that. Any fan would be bitterly aggrieved to see his/her team go out under such circumstances.

The linesman called it out. If the camera can't see that the only place in football for that camera is a bin behind the stadium.

A ridiculous decision and one has to wonder how much it cost.

It’s a 50/50 call. VAR shouldn’t be over ruling that. Like umpires call in cricket, if it’s within a margin or error you stick with the on field decision.
If the line was the actual goal line not just the touch line and an England goal was chalked off because the ball wasn’t over the line everyone would be saying it was definitely a goal.

Mike_P

Guru
Rediculous thing the whole issue is solvable with technology but that costs money which has to be spent on transfer fees, players salaries etc. Instant indication of a ball wholly crossing a line would otherwise be in use.

jowwy

Rediculous thing the whole issue is solvable with technology but that costs money which has to be spent on transfer fees, players salaries etc. Instant indication of a ball wholly crossing a line would otherwise be in use.

I dont think transfers, player salaries etc etc has anything to do with fifa bringing in new technology to the game……and goal line technology is already in play for goals, wouldnt take much to add a few cameras to touchlines to do the same thing. I mean thats how they got the actual picture of the ball not going out of play for the japan goal, so no reason why it couldnt be extended.

Alex321

Veteran
Nothing agressive in the above……one could deem your post towards @PaulSB to be aggressive just because he doesnt agree with others opinions. But its ok for you to question him, but no one else is allowed…..if you dont like my posts, just ignore me, many others do and many many others dont.

If you think there is nothing aggressive in "Now please stop replying or i will put you on ignore" then I don't know what you would consider to be.

And I have absolutely no idea whatsoever where you get "But its ok for you to question him, but no one else is allowed" from. If you can find anything I've said which might suggest that, please point it out.

Alex321

Veteran

They have been bringing in more and more technology, and in fact that WAS used in this case to solve the issue.

Just that some people who haven't seen that overhead shot are determined they know better than the technology.

Top Bottom