The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
So tonight we have:

The subversive money-is-no-object destroyers of the Beautiful Game vs (at least for tonight) the rest of the world's favourite 'Underdogs'.

Not sure how this will go, new players to start bedding-in, injury returnees and possibly a few disaffected, will all impact on the game.

A draw will do tonight.

But next season...🙂

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
For emergencies/severe injuries, they will be taken to an NHS hospital (at least initially). Private hospitals don’t have Emergency Departments and most don’t have ICU (those that do are used after elective surgeries eg major heart ops)

I've been thinking about this, this aft'. I bet those players heading to a NHS hospital won't have a 5 hour wait like I did 6 years ago, when I broke my leg after my bike skidded on black ice!! :rolleyes:

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been thinking about this, this aft'. I bet those players heading to a NHS hospital won't have a 5 hour wait like I did 6 years ago, when I broke my leg after my bike skidded on black ice!! :rolleyes:

No idea, depends perhaps on the severity of their injuries (and yours). And the hospital, time of day etc.
5 hours to be seen at all? Or 5 hours including triage, x-ray, review, casting? If so, doesn’t sound so bad

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No idea, depends perhaps on the severity of their injuries (and yours). And the hospital, time of day etc.
5 hours to be seen at all? Or 5 hours including triage, x-ray, review, casting? If so, doesn’t sound so bad

Five hours just for the ambulance to arrive and I was advised when I phoned for an ambulance to not take any pain relief due to possible internal bleeding. I was sat there trying to meditate my way through the pain. No oxygen, gas and air or morphine for me! Imagine a pampered Premier League player having to do that :rolleyes: ...and I was 56, not in my 20's or 30's!

Alex321

Veteran
Five hours just for the ambulance to arrive and I was advised when I phoned for an ambulance to not take any pain relief due to possible internal bleeding. I was sat there trying to meditate my way through the pain. No oxygen, gas and air or morphine for me! Imagine a pampered Premier League player having to do that :rolleyes: ...and I was 56, not in my 20's or 30's!

Well the premier league player wouldn't be waiting for an ambulance, they have them on standby at the ground on matchdays.

But that is ridiculous.

I must admit, when I had my accident in March, because the next person to come along went and got my wife (I was only half a mile from home), we didn't even consider calling an ambulance, she just took me straight to the nearest A&E, in Bridgend.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Yep.....bad timing for Mr Dyche. I can only see them getting a good thumping.
As a red (and we are struggling) I will be watching with interest.

Well, that went better than expected, didn't it?

Until your lot got humped and put us back in the bottom three... :banghead:

Mike_P

Guru
Totally incompetent referee at Plainmoor Torquay today who excelled in his incompetence after booking (and consequently sending off as the second booking) a player who caught a ball going out of play by awarding a goal kick rather than a free kick.

Chislenko

Veteran
Totally incompetent referee at Plainmoor Torquay today who excelled in his incompetence after booking (and consequently sending off as the second booking) a player who caught a ball going out of play by awarding a goal kick rather than a free kick.

Yes, was hoping the Gulls would hold Notts to a draw to aid the Wrexham cause.

postman

Legendary Member
I have given up,After today and Forest i cant take anymore of this manager.He talks the talk he but his results are two wins in seventeen games according to the press.So i am laying off till the end of the season,Man U twice and Everton next i think.Lose those and we are in deep doo doo.Fans on FB are divided give him a chance brigade and get rid brigade,me i can see the Championship looming.Right now i am off till the end of the season,i am going to get fitter and get out on my bike.Bye football section.

I have given up,After today and Forest i cant take anymore of this manager.He talks the talk he but his results are two wins in seventeen games according to the press.So i am laying off till the end of the season,Man U twice and Everton next i think.Lose those and we are in deep doo doo.Fans on FB are divided give him a chance brigade and get rid brigade,me i can see the Championship looming.Right now i am off till the end of the season,i am going to get fitter and get out on my bike.Bye football section.

’Sing when (if) you’re winning, you only sing when you’re winning….’
That’s when your teams needs you most, Postie, not when they’re 10 points clear.
Anyway, I know where you’re coming from - I’ve been a Spurs fan for over 56 years and followed them though thin and thinner!
Altough in five games at the new Tottenham stadium, City have lost all of them and not scored a goal.

Top Bottom