The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What have they signed 7? players, only 3 of which can be added to the Champs league squad, and very unlikely to make Champs league for next season. they also appear to have been so keen to shell out cash they've signed a rugby union centre? :okay:

Good luck Potter, as the pressure is really on him, working out what the heck is best team is with that lot, getting them to gel keeping everyone happy

More like completely stitched up. Sell one of their better players / prospects and sign absolutely no-one.

im guessing they will add joao felix, mudryk and enzo to their CL squad....which will upset a few, as they will have to drop 3 from the current squad ( 2 plus jorginho) and then the other 4 will also be upset.

Going to make for an interesting dressing room

As for Everton - they had to sell gordon to balance the books, the club is skint and moving to a new stadium in the summer,

jowwy

PSG appealing Ziyech transfer, not sure what grounds are.
i think its paperwork, they say they got it in on time

jowwy

1675246234816.png

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
What have they signed 7? players, only 3 of which can be added to the Champs league squad, and very unlikely to make Champs league for next season. they also appear to have been so keen to shell out cash they've signed a rugby union centre? :okay:

Good luck Potter, as the pressure is really on him, working out what the heck is best team is with that lot, getting them to gel keeping everyone happy

More like completely stitched up. Sell one of their better players / prospects and sign absolutely no-one.

im guessing they will add joao felix, mudryk and enzo to their CL squad....which will upset a few, as they will have to drop 3 from the current squad ( 2 plus jorginho) and then the other 4 will also be upset.

Going to make for an interesting dressing room

As for Everton - they had to sell gordon to balance the books, the club is skint and moving to a new stadium in the summer,

Yes, will be a very interesting dressing room.

Short-term problem though as we will be shifting a lot of 'dead wood' in the next transfer window - and most of them will easily find homes.

Was a bit unsure of Todd & Co tbh but they were a lifeline.

Smart cookies re long contracts and the amortisation advantage - I wonder why no one has done that before?

UEFA to change the rules though so the opportunity will slam shut for other teams.

New stadium plans progressing well and some big sponsorship deals being lined up.

Hopefully they (as Americans) will make a better fist of ownership than eg the Glazers.

Exciting times for CFC fans after last year's HMG knee jerk induced mayhem.

Hoping for better things next season!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
ESPN are reporting that the European leagues are getting very annoyed with Premier league spending. Which isn’t within their means or in line with financial fair play.

Chelsea, a single English club, spent more in the January window than the combined spend by all clubs in the Bundesliga, LaLiga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

It’s completely unsustainable and pushes up costs for the fans.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Shouldn't be out too long, according to NHS, 2 weeks if keyhole, 4-6 weeks if open surgery. Fairly common op, he's pretty young and fit otherwise and will get the best care
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gallb...n surgery, you'll,take you home from hospital.

It’s more than that if NHS , certainly up here , know someone currently waiting !! Conte will be private so be moved up the list !

SpokeyDokey

ESPN are reporting that the European leagues are getting very annoyed with Premier league spending. Which isn’t within their means or in line with financial fair play.

Chelsea, a single English club, spent more in the January window than the combined spend by all clubs in the Bundesliga, LaLiga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

It’s completely unsustainable and pushes up costs for the fans.

And yet the Italian La Liga are currently forging ahead with their own plans to emulate the EPL business model. They were more than happy with big business eg Fiat, pumping money into their own clubs. They've just been complacent and have been flat-footed.

Chelsea also missed one entire transfer window due to HMG shenanigans. Plus will almost certainly not be doing much in the next transfer window apart from offloading surplus players.

Why is it unsustainable? The 'big' clubs have a global mindset and play to a global audience - there is not one 'sub-established top 6' club chairman who would not wish to be in the same position.

Who has fallen over so far?

Fan costs? Stadiums are still full and, indeed, it is nigh on impossible to get a ticket to watch a 'top' 6 team. Plus the significance of match day fans in revenue terms was much diminished a long time ago.

SpokeyDokey

Give it two season without champions league and it could be as exciting as Leeds under Ridsdale!

I doubt it very much. Being a CFC fan is always fun - I've had 56 years of it now and it was even fun way back in second division days. 😁

We may have one season out but I doubt we'll have two. Not terminal anyway - Spurs, Arsenal, MUFC seem to be doing okay.

jowwy

Its funny how people are now condemning Chelsea, when their own clubs have done the same for years.... Man Utd have splashed out over a billion on transfers in the last 10yrs, same as city, spurs and i'm sure Newcastle will soon start to do the same. Its nothing new and it will continue as long as the owners are willing to underwrite the debt. The likes of city, chelsea, newcastle now have owners who are willing to do that

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s more than that if NHS , certainly up here , know someone currently waiting !! Conte will be private so be moved up the list !

Huh? He's had the surgery/having imminently. Those are recovery times and not waiting times. Sounds like his may have been an emergency, and yes I'm sure as a multi-millionaire working at a PL football club, he would have had it done privately

Last edited:
Top Bottom