The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
I think all League 2 clubs will see Wrexham as the team to beat, due to their at the moment very big spending. Can they buy their way into League 1 I wonder? 🤔

Um...maybe maybe not. Notts County might be out for revenge on Wrexham after this season. They have been promoted out of the fourth tier three times by running away with the title. In 1970/71 by 9 points (15 points @ 3 points a win), in 1997/98 by 17 points and 2009/10 by 10 points; the latter that crazy season they were bought by fraudsters who the Football League decided were sound owners and the club survived a couple of winding up orders.

Slick

Guru
To be fair that team of 85, (especially the midfield) was a joy to watch.

Rangers from memory took a couple of the players (Stevens & Steven I think) plus a few more from the English league due to the European ban on English teams.

They did take both, and they were a pleasure to watch. There was a steady stream coming north of the border after that.

Complacent, no .
I've been going to games since 1967.

This season was my first with a pensioners concession.
Under £300.
Works out under £14 a game .
Still love it and enjoy the cycling there and back , even through the winter.

I just wish clubs would all get together and sort out away tickets
Will cost me £175.00 as a senior for next season at West Ham.
If you can't make it for a match you can put it on ticket exchange and if you manage to sell it the club will give you £5.00 and sell it for £50.00.:ohmy:

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Chelsea appoint Pochettino as their new manager
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65371524
Class manager in my books
Lets hear from @SpokeyDokey on his thoughts?

Good choice imo.

Experienced with handling top level clubs ie PSG and Spurs as well as proven experience in the EPL.

Seemed to do particularly well at Spurs, until near the end of his term, and Spurs are not reknowned for the generosity of their transfer pot.

The football played by his teams looks attractive too.

Not quite in the Jose, Ancelloti, Tuchel class but good nonetheless.

He has mentioned a 2 year plan for CFC which sounds sensible re the shoot show he is inheriting.

Hopefully our Board will support him fiscally and over a sensible period of time.

Cautiously optimistic.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Anyone know if the Europa Conference final is on Youtube?

I'm sure it was last year.

Mike_P

Guru
So aside from League Two the play offs have been a complete waste of time with the fans of the top play off placed club put through unnecessary stress with ecstatic joy at the end.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They deserve it after finishing a close 3rd and 10 points ahead of their opponents today!

_129903025_gettyimages-1494343462.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65667707

Top Bottom