The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
C'mon the Lionesses. From being on the backfoot to being in front. You can do this.

Gah, wretched Chelsea players :whistle:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Been watching quite a bit of this comp never usually bother . Some of the football has been pretty good . Standard high at times ! However absolute blunders by defenders and keepers . Well done England , however we are now going to be in undated with noise for the next few days on all TV and radio channels :laugh:

Slick

Guru
I have never understood the rule where a team that doesn't go any further in the CL gets a second bite of the cherry in the Europa League.
@Slick This isn't a go at Rangers or any other team in the same predicament but at EUFA.

because they want "the top clubs" to play in one of the 3 competitions, so the qualifying rounds are there to sort that out, if you get stuffed out early because your country only gets access to an early qualifying round then that's it. But the big nations enter at such a point you get 2 (or 3 bites with these newer mickey mouse Europa sub league compo) at the cherry
My understanding is mostly cash.

Remember back in the day, you used to have to actually win your league to qualify, hence the name.

Obviously over the years countries like your own were given more and more places, and countries like mine had to qualify.

As more and more came to the trough to feed, the second and third rate competitions were developed and the invention of the conference league is just another example of that.

To be fair, I get it, cash is king and those at the top are obviously spending big.

Slick

Guru
the thing is though , they get all the gains and the rest the scraps ! Games f…… now .

Its definitely set up to keep the rich rich, but I'm mindful of complaining when domestically its much the same.

I wouldn't say it was f'd, but very difficult for any other clubs ourside the usual suspects to really compete.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The CL is becoming increasingly bloated and with more increases in participating club numbers coming.

I like the structure of it tbh and the difficilty of competing in and winning it, with the background of league and domestic cup games, is about as ptestigious as it gets imo.

I believe Pep has had a rant about increased participation and the number of games that need to be played across a season leading to mounting injuries - and I agree with him tbh.

Maybe domestically any English team participating in the CL should drop out of the 'League' Cup to reduce game numbers played in a season?

Slick

Guru
The CL is becoming increasingly bloated and with more increases in participating club numbers coming.

I like the structure of it tbh and the difficilty of competing in and winning it, with the background of league and domestic cup games, is about as ptestigious as it gets imo.

I believe Pep has had a rant about increased participation and the number of games that need to be played across a season leading to mounting injuries - and I agree with him tbh.

Maybe domestically any English team participating in the CL should drop out of the 'League' Cup to reduce game numbers played in a season?

Chelsea are more than capable of challenging in that competition, but pulling out if a domestic competition would be a mistake in my humble opinion.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
IMG_0707.jpeg

Top Bottom