The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srj10

Guru
Whatever, Killie have just beaten Celtic. That's both of the Old Firm done in two weeks. Great, great times.

Pleased for Mcinnes an ex Morton player.

AndyRM

XOXO
You might have kept them for the league an aw.

If we can keep playing the way we have been there's no reason we can't. I'm not sure what's clicked and it's obviously early doors, but to be unbeaten in the league and in the quarter final of a cup already is some going for us, considering the opposition we've faced.

Slick

Guru
If we can keep playing the way we have been there's no reason we can't. I'm not sure what's clicked and it's obviously early doors, but to be unbeaten in the league and in the quarter final of a cup already is some going for us, considering the opposition we've faced.

Yeah fair play, why shouldn't you be confident.

To be fair, its just great to dust this old thing down and give it an airing.

IMG-20220418-WA0003.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
Is the artificial pitch a factor? The old firm normally bring that up as an excuse.

No, it really isn't. And it's not just the old firm that mention it. Players train on astro week in week out. And the state of some Scottish grass pitches through winter is an absolute disgrace.

Don't recall Killie complaining that we have to play on a grass surface every other week.

Plus there's been loads of research done into injuries on artificial v grass pitches, it's a myth that artificial surfaces create more.

Slick

Guru
View attachment 703360

Way more of an issue than an artificial pitch.

Yeah, I was talking to a director of a lower division club fairly local to me, and other than trying to stop supporters buses leaving from outlying areas heading to Glasgow every other week, he didn't really have a lot of ideas on how to redress the balance.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yeah, I was talking to a director of a lower division club fairly local to me, and other than trying to stop supporters buses leaving from outlying areas heading to Glasgow every other week, he didn't really have a lot of ideas on how to redress the balance.

It's always been an issue hasn't it? Not helped by Doncaster et al.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

It used to be that gates were shared at every game (only fair, it takes two sides to make a game) but the Old Firm forced through a change that saw the home side keep the gate money.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rich...en-gate-receipts-were-split-equitably-2474456

Slick

Guru
It used to be that gates were shared at every game (only fair, it takes two sides to make a game) but the Old Firm forced through a change that saw the home side keep the gate money.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rich...en-gate-receipts-were-split-equitably-2474456

Yeah, seems fair enough to me. Some clubs bring with them less than a couple of hundred fans to Ibrox and we can take thousands depending on capacity, so spreads the cash more especially when its the home club picks up all the cost.

Top Bottom