The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Rovers biggest away win in their 148 years existence. Yes, it was against a League 2 side, but many of the players used seemed to be teenage academy side players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66589696

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
First time for a while I've thought there are no easy games in the Champions League group stages.

Man City’s group doesn’t look too bad

Group G: MANCHESTER CITY, RB Leipzig, Red Star Belgrade, Young

Arsenal’s could’ve been worse :smile:
Group B: Sevilla, ARSENAL, PSV Eindhoven, RC Lens

He came in at the back end of last season to replace another failed coach. Tactics, game plans and points went out the window. Getting fired was beyond doubt. Home against Feyenoord next weekend, away banker.

Hope you all put your money on Feyenoord: 5 - 1! Stll, at least Utrecht scored their first goal of the season. ☹️

AndyRM

XOXO

F5RUgnqXMAEZTf6.jpg

Not often I agree with much the powers that be have to say, but this is bang on. Football fans are far too easy a target, when the reality is that it's a tiny minority who create issues.

Slick

Guru

View attachment 705560

Not often I agree with much the powers that be have to say, but this is bang on. Football fans are far too easy a target, when the reality is that it's a tiny minority who create issues.
Got to be honest, getting to and back to a game on the old specials was a bit of a lottery in the 80's, queuing for the tube was a battle with the mounties as they struggled to keep control as they forced the crowd against existing buildings to ensure no real trouble broke out. Fast forward 40 years and there are no mounties monitoring that queue and the fans just stand there like patients waiting for their medication. I was actually a little sad wen I saw it. :laugh:

Whatever bull this is, I reckon they are at least 40 years too late.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Off to Hampden on Tuesday but plan on taking the car . How’s parking ? Toying with the idea of Buchanan Street Galleries and using public transport ? Any suggestions my Scottish Brethren !

AndyRM

XOXO
Aye, park in town then train up to Mount Florida from Central. Bear in mind there's now a congestion charge in the city centre which may make things pricey!

Been sat here all day looking forward to watching Bala Town take on Queen's Park in the SPFL Trust Trophy, only to find out it's not until tomorrow! Another day wasted drinking wine and overlooking the Med. 😡

Slick

Guru
Off to Hampden on Tuesday but plan on taking the car . How’s parking ? Toying with the idea of Buchanan Street Galleries and using public transport ? Any suggestions my Scottish Brethren !

Absolute nightmare getting back from there. I usually just drive as close as I can and park wherever and walk the rest. It is a bit of a walk, but Hampden bowling club or the Vicky hospital are good areas if you are early enough. Also remember the LEZ is not a charge, its a straight fine if your vehicle isn't compliant.

Top Bottom