The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Congrats to Arsenal on last night's victory @vickster. A very tough game.

I've seen some comments saying "It's only Porto" and whatnot which is unbelievably disrespectful. The most decorated team in a country which has produced some of the finest players in the world. Sure, they played with a defensive mindset, but if they'd tried to chuck everything at Arsenal they'd have been torn apart.

Raya seems to have come in for some flack too, because he's on loan from Brentford. Who I believe have held both Arsenal and Man City to the same 1 - 0 scoreline this season.

Dave7

Legendary Member
1st FA cup shock today....Coventry beat Wolves 3:2.
Another manager for the sack ??

postman

Legendary Member
1st FA cup shock today....Coventry beat Wolves 3:2.
Another manager for the sack ??
I have just read the BBC report it does seem they had a lot of injuries.But my word what a cup tie,i watched it in silence.I cannot stand todays pundits get Mottie back,Jimmy Hill some old players,thank you for the mute button and the on and off button.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Football is stoopid sometimes!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
At least we've been saved from the disgraceful Liverpool booing of our national anthem and Abide With Me this time! 🧐

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
As much as I respect Klopp I question some of his decisions for that match. One in particular was putting Gakpo on as he has been so poor lately......one of the young players would have been better. We had a good 5 on 2 break and Gakpo totally blew it.

Alex321

Veteran
Yeah, a good game for the neutral, and one I think utd were worthy winners.

I understand the rules of the game, but sending the boy off at the end illustrates all that is wrong in the game.

While I know it is part of the rules, I have never really understood why.

Having said which, it was REALLY stupid of him to do it having already been booked. I presume that means he now misses the semi-final.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
While I know it is part of the rules, I have never really understood why.

Having said which, it was REALLY stupid of him to do it having already been booked. I presume that means he now misses the semi-final.

Not sure - " wiped clean" after quarters apparently...

As for cup competitions, if a player is shown two yellow cards throughout an individual FA Cup or Carabao Cup campaign, they will serve a suspension during the next match in the competition. The slate is wiped clean in both after the quarter-final stage, meaning the only way to be suspended for the final is through a red card
https://theathletic.com/4901178/202...ds-suspensions-premier-league-fa-carabao-cup/

Though maybe that's a single yellow wiped off, rather than the suspension for his red?

AndyRM

XOXO
I have just read the BBC report it does seem they had a lot of injuries.But my word what a cup tie,i watched it in silence.I cannot stand todays pundits get Mottie back,Jimmy Hill some old players,thank you for the mute button and the on and off button.

There's a small problem with that...

The only commentator I really dislike is Jonathan Pearce, he's way too excitable about everything, no subtlety at all. He's better suited to Robot Wars.

Top Bottom