The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Not sure - " wiped clean" after quarters apparently...

As for cup competitions, if a player is shown two yellow cards throughout an individual FA Cup or Carabao Cup campaign, they will serve a suspension during the next match in the competition. The slate is wiped clean in both after the quarter-final stage, meaning the only way to be suspended for the final is through a red card
https://theathletic.com/4901178/202...ds-suspensions-premier-league-fa-carabao-cup/

Though maybe that's a single yellow wiped off, rather than the suspension for his red?

Yes, I think it is just the yellow cards that get wiped off, the red for two yellows in one match still counts as red.

But it also appears, from various articles, that while bans for multiple yellows apply only to that competition, bans for red cards apply to the next domestic match regardless of competition, so he will actually be banned for United's next league match, that being before the semi-final.

postman

Legendary Member
There's a small problem with that...

The only commentator I really dislike is Jonathan Pearce, he's way too excitable about everything, no subtlety at all. He's better suited to Robot Wars.
Can i join the queue.

Slick

Guru
While I know it is part of the rules, I have never really understood why.

Having said which, it was REALLY stupid of him to do it having already been booked. I presume that means he now misses the semi-final.
I'm not entirely sure but if he is suspended then I reckon I wouldn't be quite so sympathetic to him, as professionals should always be aware of things like that.

I think it could be deemed to incite the opposition fans, but I've always thought bursting their net was the real trigger for any knuckle daggers in the crowd.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
International break for friendlies, but also conclusion of Euro Champs qualifying playoffs, with some unliely names only 2 games away from the Euro's. Semi's tomorrow, final match Tuesday.

v​

its not long since everyone used to put a hatful past Luxembourg, but they finished ahead of Iceland and Bosnia in their group. Greece are maybe favorites from that bottom pool, Ukraine might be able to trade war stories with Israel and Wales will likely face Poland in a tough test to qualify.

Chislenko

Veteran
International break for friendlies, but also conclusion of Euro Champs qualifying playoffs, with some unliely names only 2 games away from the Euro's. Semi's tomorrow, final match Tuesday.

v​

its not long since everyone used to put a hatful past Luxembourg, but they finished ahead of Iceland and Bosnia in their group. Greece are maybe favorites from that bottom pool, Ukraine might be able to trade war stories with Israel and Wales will likely face Poland in a tough test to qualify.

If only Israel had a player like Gaza 🙂

T4tomo

Legendary Member

v​

Ukraine nearly blew it, but two late goals saw them through to face Iceland
Greece travel to Georgia
Wales vs Poland should be a cracker / nervy affair*

* delete as applicable.

AndyRM

XOXO
Greece travel to Georgia

* delete as applicable.

One thing I liked in the build up I caught (which was limited) was that Bale was hardly mentioned. There was a fair bit about the lack of game time and level the players were at, but for Wales to be in the mix is great.

Poland are weird, capable of beating Germany then losing to Moldova 4 days later. Quite an old side too, and their away form isn't great.

Be interesting to see how we get on against the Dutch tonight. Only a friendly, but I actually trust Clarke to take it seriously and learn the areas which need tightening up/improving. Feels quite a balanced side right now, but the worry as ever is where the goals come from for us.

Not quite sure why England are No.3 in the world rankings ahead of Brazil and Belgium?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Greece travel to Georgia

* delete as applicable.

Big night for the Welsh. The whole nations league position based playoff system is a bit bizarre, but doesn't half liven up the last bit of qualifying, especially with one-off matches, rather than 2 leg bore fests, and gives some of the minor teams (e.g Georgia, Luxembourg) a sniff of a qualifying for the Euros proper..

Top Bottom