The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
James was certainly not a person I would nominate to take a penalty. He can run be kicking was never his forte.

It was advertised on the Sgorio YouTube channel for about a week and then pulled about an hour before the match. I watched on a paid-for channel that I didn't know I had.

AndyRM

XOXO
It was advertised on the Sgorio YouTube channel for about a week and then pulled about an hour before the match. I watched on a paid-for channel that I didn't know I had.

That happens quite often. Really frustrating.

Companies have bots (or whatever you want to call them) which trawl for their content being live streamed. Some folk use a wild combination of ways to get around them, so quite often you'll end up watching something called "Disney Princess Ballet Mashup Project v.2024.03" and it's actually a boxing match...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I watch the Wales extra time after the England game (on Iplayer with Welsh language commentary, which included the phrase "blinking heck").
Heartbreak for the Welsh, there didn't seem to be a lot between the team except that final save. 9 very solid pens before that.

richardfm

Veteran
I watch the Wales extra time after the England game (on Iplayer with Welsh language commentary, which included the phrase "blinking heck").
Heartbreak for the Welsh, there didn't seem to be a lot between the team except that final save. 9 very solid pens before that.

I thought Wales were the better team during the 90 minutes. Poland really came at them in the second half of extra time. It was enjoyable match, spoilt by the last penalty.
You quite often get the odd English word or phrase in the Welsh commentary and you get to learn some Welsh words for football terms.

Alex321

Veteran
Yes, very frustrating at the end. I hate penalty shootouts, but with modern schedules there really isn't any opportunity for replays, and it has to be decided somehow, so I accept the necessity.

How the heck did the ref think that non-foul by Mephim right at the end was worth a 2nd booking though? Obviously made no difference to the result at that point, but I really couldn't see how it was even a foul, never mind a booking.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Ukraine came from behind to see off Iceland, so no whale clapping in Germany and Georgia stunned Greece on penalties - apparently there was a massive fracas at HT, resulting in the Georgian substitute Goalie being sent off (what effect that has I don't know - I believe they still played with 11 players) and huge pitch invasion afterwards. Anyway they make a major tournament for the first time in their relatively short history

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Champions!!!!!!

The Bairns are having a party ^_^

1711823398027.png

Top Bottom