The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
What are Pool playing at.Why pass a ball across an open pitch with just one player available.He should have turned towards the touchline he would have got away.Right Nunez nearly as bad as Barndoor here at Leeds,how mant chances does he need,he needs a kick up the arsking price,oh just a min that was last week.plus Salah i think the wrong forward left last year.I still want Pool to win the League.Arsenal have the harder run in.

pjd57

Veteran
To be fair, Rangers have won more league titles than any other club side........in the worrrrrld. :becool:

But there's 2 of them

T4tomo

Legendary Member
what a race for the Championship.Well five to go,but i think it will be decided in the next three games.

@postman
It's great isn't it.
Both the Premier and Championship not forgetting the Scottish Premiership as well are going to the wire.
yes prem - top 3, battle for 4th or 5th and the scrap for 6th & 7th are all very tight..

ditto championship top 3 all very close to see who has to run the gauntlet of the play offs
and the last playoff spot is still up for grabs if Norwich (or WBA) stumble.
and relegation places look like going down to final match, between up to 9 clubs at the moment.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
@T4tomo
Unfortunately for you i think Boro are too far behind Norwich.Six points and a worse goal difference at this stage of the season is a lot to catch up.But you never know?

Yes its most definitely not on, especially with Norwich winning the Anglia derby.
Cov, Hull and Preston are also better placed than us - also have a look at our upcoming games Hull, Ipswich & Cardiff away and Leeds at home in April! No way are we winning all those.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Take out Blackburn and Leicester (who were massively bankrolled) and you've got the usual 5 suspects, with City (and Chelsea) relatively new to the party. Liverpool too really. It's only recently that the "Big 4" expanded into a"Big 6".

I appreciate that the quality on show is better, and that a lot of people enjoy the league to the point where they can't see how flawed it has become. The current situation with points reductions for example is absolutely ridiculous.
Yes, but it was money well spent. I can only speak for Blackburn Rovers, but Rovers had Wolves and Derby who had similar financial backers. Fortunately for Rovers Jack Walker enticed Kenny Dalglish out of retirement. Rovers ended up with a far better manager than Wolves or Derby did. So when you say 'bankrolled' were Chelsea's trophies done on the cheap? Have Liverpool won 5 European titles on paying peanuts for players? Have Man City not too wealthy owners? Mmm, I'd say that you think it's ok for big city clubs to buy success, but not for small town clubs to buy success.:rolleyes:

Slick

Guru
the present team playing at Ibrox have one .
the other team no longer exists.
liquidation is permanent

Lol, it really burns you boys but yer clubs deid mate is old news. Build a bridge and get over it. :laugh:

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes, but it was money well spent. I can only speak for Blackburn Rovers, but Rovers had Wolves and Derby who had similar financial backers. Fortunately for Rovers Jack Walker enticed Kenny Dalglish out of retirement. Rovers ended up with a far better manager than Wolves or Derby did. So when you say 'bankrolled' were Chelsea's trophies done on the cheap? Have Liverpool won 5 European titles on paying peanuts for players? Have Man City not too wealthy owners? Mmm, I'd say that you think it's ok for big city clubs to buy success, but not for small town clubs to buy success.:rolleyes:

Not really. Blackburn won the league and have been in steady decline since.

Neither Wolves nor Derby were in the Premier League in 1994/95. So why you're bringing them up is beyond me.

You've either not read or don't understand my position on football.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not really. Blackburn won the league and have been in steady decline since.

Neither Wolves nor Derby were in the Premier League in 1994/95. So why you're bringing them up is beyond me.

You've either not read or don't understand my position on football.

My point was that Wolves and Derby were in the old 2nd division, as Blackburn were in 1990 when Jack Walker bought the club and 'massively bankrolled' Rovers. All three clubs had similar financial backing. One spent it wisely, the 2 others didn't!

Question to myself! Do you think a football club from a town, not a city will win the Premier League again one day while not being 'bankrolled'? 🤔

Answer to myself. Most likely not! You need to be 'bankrolled' these days if you're a small town club!

Question. What does 'bankrolled' mean? 🤔

Answer. It's a word used to partly describe a lesser club's success. This word is not used by the way when clubs most think will win trophies win those trophies, as it's not seen as being 'bankrolled', more just 'successful'. :rolleyes:

Bankrolled success!!:thumbsdown:

374250ea46e393552292c5612555e70d.jpg

Deserved success!! :wahhey:

ter-city-lifts-the-premier-league-trophy-with-team.jpg

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
My point was that Wolves and Derby were in the old 2nd division, as Blackburn were in 1990 when Jack Walker bought the club and 'massively bankrolled' Rovers. All three clubs had similar financial backing. One spent it wisely, the 2 others didn't!

Question to myself! Do you think a football club from a town, not a city will win the Premier League again one day while not being 'bankrolled'? 🤔
Of course not.

Nor will any club from a city do so.

Answer to myself. Most likely not! You need to be 'bankrolled' these days if you're a small town club!

Question. What does 'bankrolled' mean? 🤔
It means getting a large influx of external money.

Answer. It's a word used to partly describe a lesser club's success. This word is not used by the way when clubs most think will win trophies win those trophies, as it's not seen as being 'bankrolled', more just 'successful'. :rolleyes:
I have no idea where you get that idea from.

Top Bottom