The Football.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Presumably that would affect Tannadice as well, but doesn't appear to.

I think the owners have just given up on Dens because they've got all excited by their Nu Camperdown project.

Shame really, because it did used to be a great surface.

Slick

Guru
Presumably that would affect Tannadice as well, but doesn't appear to.

I think the owners have just given up on Dens because they've got all excited by their Nu Camperdown project.

Shame really, because it did used to be a great surface.

The club secretary has just been on saying they are renewing the pitch in the close season.

Fair enough I suppose, but its more than likely too late to avoid punishment this season.

AndyRM

XOXO
The club secretary has just been on saying they are renewing the pitch in the close season.

Fair enough I suppose, but its more than likely too late to avoid punishment this season.

Fairly standard really. But yeah, that won't get them out of their current pickle.

The powers that be really need to be acting on this now, especially with the split implications.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Oh look - https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/work-underway-on-new-pitch/

So they spent money on a new pitch at the start of the season. There's been record rain (35% higher than usual) and the Dens Rd burn has been saturated. Do you think the council would have been pleased at the groundsman digging up a main road to re-route a burn? Incidentally, Tannadice doesn't drain onto Dens Rd.

And all because Rangers, farking Rangers have been inconvenienced? Bitching about unprofessionalism when they caused the first game to be delayed because they forgot to allow for roadworks (after informing their fans to leave early because of roadworks) and then their fans did their level best to burn the place down, forcing both teams off the pitch.

fark them. The tears, snotters and statements from this mob are hilarious.

They want another club punished because it rained.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've no love for Rangers at all, but other clubs have issued similar statements. Kettlewell was "deeply concerned" about player welfare ahead of the game at the weekend.

Dundee have made a total hash of whatever installation they did.

And what do they want, a medal for doing what clubs do pretty much every season, or every other season? Laying the pitch is one thing, maintaining it is entirely another.

pjd57

Veteran
Plastic pitches are essential for smaller clubs to survive.

Unless the bigot sisters want to stop hoovering up the lion's share of the money, sharing it equitably amongst the 42 clubs instead.

No, didn't think so.

I'm not a bigot.
Most fans aren't bigots .
My sisters aren't bigots either .

Slick

Guru
IMG-20240410-WA0001.jpg

Rumour has it that it was actually Rangers who asked for the game to be postponed. I mean, how is Tavernier supposed to score from that. :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Oh look - https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/work-underway-on-new-pitch/

So they spent money on a new pitch at the start of the season. There's been record rain (35% higher than usual) and the Dens Rd burn has been saturated. Do you think the council would have been pleased at the groundsman digging up a main road to re-route a burn? Incidentally, Tannadice doesn't drain onto Dens Rd.

And all because Rangers, farking Rangers have been inconvenienced? Bitching about unprofessionalism when they caused the first game to be delayed because they forgot to allow for roadworks (after informing their fans to leave early because of roadworks) and then their fans did their level best to burn the place down, forcing both teams off the pitch.

fark them. The tears, snotters and statements from this mob are hilarious.

They want another club punished because it rained.

It's also been exceptionally high tides just lately, which further backs up the drains.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Dont take the bait @Accy cyclist, he's just on a wind up.

The other half of the games are tonight, but a few slip-ups and points dropped in the championship promotion race last night

and Ipswich failed to take advantage of Leicester & Leeds' stumbles... as Boro and Hull did each other no favours. Leicester had a 10-12 point lead a while back....

mid Feb:
1712823542514.png

Now:
1712823612723.png

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well I may as well be 1st to say it.
Liverpool were unbelievably bad last night.
Ratings say every single player was bad. I disagree as some eg Elliott really tried but what can he do on his own?

Well I may as well be 1st to say it.
Liverpool were unbelievably bad last night.
Ratings say every single player was bad. I disagree as some eg Elliott really tried but what can he do on his own?
We didn't fair much better.
We held out until the last ten minutes under Moyses tactics of defend at all costs.
It's only half time but with Paqueta suspended and Bowen maybe still injured for the second leg it's going to be an uphill struggle to turn this around especially as Bayer Leverkusen are a quality team.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We didn't fair much better.
We held out until the last ten minutes under Moyses tactics of defend at all costs.
It's only half time but with Paqueta suspended and Bowen maybe still injured for the second leg it's going to be an uphill struggle to turn this around especially as Bayer Leverkusen are a quality team.

Yes, I kept my eye on that and at 0 0 it looked good then suddenly you lost it.

Top Bottom